We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chatleune restaurant (pardon my spelling)

sacramento
Level Contributor
115 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Chatleune restaurant (pardon my spelling)

I really miss that French restaurant! Is there anything like that that can be recommended?

sacramento
Level Contributor
115 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chatleune restaurant (pardon my spelling)

I just realized how badly I spelled the name of one of my most favorite restaurants and it looks like it is not going to open anytime soon. Any recs for something like that?

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chatleune restaurant (pardon my spelling)

I believe you're referring to Chateaulin, and yes, it is sadly missed by many diners.

As a substitute, I think you would enjoy New Sammy's Cowboy Bistro in nearby Talent. Despite the rather funky name, the restaurant is one to the very best bastions of fine dining in the entire state of Oregon.

The owners, Vernon and Charlene Rollins have operated Sammy's for a number of years and it's well worth a visit for lunch or dinner (call them for hours). Charlene honed her cooking skills with Alice Waters at Chez Panisse in the SF Bay area; Vernon has assembled perhaps the best wine list in Oregon, but doesn't seek the Wine Spectator awards recognition because he "thinks they're a bunch of snobs." His list extensively covers Oregon and France, with aged premier cru Burgundies and classified growth Bordeaux at ridiculously low prices. Vernon has said he doesn't bother changing the prices on the wines as they age because it's "just too much trouble." Bargains galore!

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chatleune restaurant (pardon my spelling)

Chateaulin. Pretty darn close!

sacramento
Level Contributor
115 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chatleune restaurant (pardon my spelling)

Many thanks! I went there last year- a most unusual place! Great food, great fun. I appreciate the info about the owners. I am going there again this year- if I can get a reservation.

Level Contributor
35,275 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chatleune restaurant (pardon my spelling)

We have been to New Sammy's for lunch a few times. Really want to try dinner there sometime. Peerless in Ashland is very good. :).

6. Re: Chatleune restaurant (pardon my spelling)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2015, 05:18