We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which 1/2 day rafting company to go with?

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
306 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Which 1/2 day rafting company to go with?

Spending three days in Ashland for the theater festival and the idea of white water rafting appeals to us. There are several companies online that do 1/2 day trips on the Rogue. Does anyone have recommendations on which to use, why one is better than another, questions to ask to ascertain which one to use, etc?

Thanks for the help.

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,286 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which 1/2 day rafting company to go with?

Hi,

When are you coming? This is late in the season if it is this year. I am assuming you want a Rogue River white water experience?

MrsO

Mentioned in this post
chicago, IL
Level Contributor
306 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which 1/2 day rafting company to go with?

Yes, Rogue River , we're coming in two weeks. Several companies mention the Rogue "nugget" 1/2 day trip.

Mentioned in this post
Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,286 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which 1/2 day rafting company to go with?

We just went on the Hellgate Canyon Jetboats ( www.Hellgate.com ) 4 days ago on the Rogue out of Grants Pass and the water is pretty low as this is the end of the season. In places we could see through to the bottom with no problem.

Have you read reviews on the companies you are considering on TA? I find such reviews to be more unbiased. I would look for very current reviews from reviewers who have more than one review on attractions/hotels under their belt. You should get an overview.

Sorry I have not been on what I saw when I looked at "nuggett" trips so I am not much good except to advise as I did. I think white water is beyond Applegate- I would sure verify.

If it's wet you want, Hellgate does do jetboats into whitewater. (look at gallery and videos) But check for dates, like I said water conditions make a difference. They are not soft sided rafts like most white water rafting.

<<<<<<<edit: Yes, Hellgate whitewater is closed for the season, I just checked.>>>>>>>>>>>>

I wish you luck

MrsO

Edited: 03 August 2014, 05:51
Mentioned in this post
Ashland, Oregon
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which 1/2 day rafting company to go with?

There are four outfitters based in Ashland: Indigo Creek, Kokopelli, Noahs, and Momentum. All four run excellent trips and offer half day trips on the Rogue. In full disclosure I own Indigo Creek and we operate until October 1st. The other outfitters also run pretty late in the season. I hope you had a great trip. If you are still looking, definitely do some research and check out reviews on TA. Regardless of who you join you will have a wonderful time out there.

Ashland, Oregon
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which 1/2 day rafting company to go with?

There are four outfitters based in Ashland: Indigo Creek, Kokopelli, Noahs, and Momentum. All four run excellent trips and offer half day trips on the Rogue. In full disclosure I own Indigo Creek and we operate until October 1st. The other outfitters also run pretty late in the season. I hope you had a great trip. If you are still looking, definitely do some research and check out reviews on TA. Regardless of who you join you will have a wonderful time out there.

6. Re: Which 1/2 day rafting company to go with?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2015, 20:15