We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Ashland, OR in Feb. for Oregon Shakespeare Festival

Bayarea
1 post
Save Topic
Going to Ashland, OR in Feb. for Oregon Shakespeare Festival

Hi, we're coming from San Jose, CA - two real adults, one 17 adult and a 8lb Harvanese. We're looking at la Quinta Inn & Suites, Red Lion Inn and Windmill Inn of Medford for 4 or 5 nights. Any suggestion is much appreciated.

We're thinking leaving on Saturday 02/17 or Sunday 02/18/07

Bend, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,617 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Ashland, OR in Feb. for Oregon Shakespeare Festival

I stayed at the Red Lion (in Medford) last year and it was OK - the restaurant was pretty good.

There are a couple of suites and connecting rooms that might suit your needs at the Bard's Inn, in Ashland. I am pretty sure they allow 17-year olds, not sure about the Harvanese? ;) I have stayed there several times over the last several years, and it's a "good" hotel, close to downtown.

In February you will not see much action as far as Shakespeare is concerned. It looks like maybe only two or three of the plays will have just started. Keep in mind there are never plays on Mondays.

Dress warmly and enjoy!

Level Contributor
35,482 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Ashland, OR in Feb. for Oregon Shakespeare Festival

We have stayed at the La Quinta property when it was another hotel chain. Keep in mind that the location is not walking distance to anything, you will have to drive into town to retsaurants, theaters, shops, etc.

The Bard's is in a great location, it is right across the street from the Plaza Inns & Suites where we have stayed several times. Since you're staying so long, I think it would be nice to be able to walk to restaurants, shops, etc. Chateaulin is very nice there in downtown Ashland for a good meal. Also check out the Peerless at the Peerless Hotel for a really nice dinner. Enjoy Ashland! :)

oregon city
Level Contributor
790 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to Ashland, OR in Feb. for Oregon Shakespeare Festival

I've stayed at the Windmill Inn-that was pretty nice. They had a shuttle to Ashland since it is located on the other side of the freeway from downtown Ashland(about 3-4miles away), not sure if they still offer this service.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,975 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to Ashland, OR in Feb. for Oregon Shakespeare Festival

La Quinta does not charge for dogs, even if they are 8lb Havanese..but they really do vary in quality.

We stayed in all LQ hotels in a cross country drive with our large dog.

I have not stayed in these hotels but thought I would mention the no charge for dogs policy :)

Portland
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to Ashland, OR in Feb. for Oregon Shakespeare Festival

I've done the LaQuinta thing (at the north end of town) and it was fine. I think their pool is open late, which might be good for the teens. I believe I had waffles at their breakfast bar.

6. Re: Going to Ashland, OR in Feb. for Oregon Shakespeare Festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 21:15