We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas for teen group visiting in late July 2017

York, Maine
Level Contributor
5 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Ideas for teen group visiting in late July 2017

Hello

I have a group of teens attending a work camp in the Allentown area this July.They have a free day Friday July 28th .I am looking for some fun ideas within a 50 mile radius that they would enjoy. Things like amusement parks that typical teens might enjoy.Thanks in advance !

4 replies to this topic
PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
3,404 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideas for teen group visiting in late July 2017

Dorney Park (amusement park) is in Allentown. I have been there with a school group that had a great time so would definitely recommend a visit.

Mechanicsburg...
Level Contributor
1,938 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideas for teen group visiting in late July 2017

Dutch Springs is fairly close, and it could be a great time, and a chance for the kids to cool off after working on a hot summer day. It looks like they will do privateparty/groups on Monday and Tuesday nights.

There is also a water park at Camelback (or Camelbeach), and another one at Great Wolf Lodge. Both are just inside your 50 mile radius.

There is an indoor go kart track (and other amusements) at Lehigh Valley Grand Prix.

If the kids still have plenty of energy, there is a Sky Zone tampoline park in the Westgate Mall, just before you get into Bethlehem.

Coopersburg...
Destination Expert
for Allentown
Level Contributor
646 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ideas for teen group visiting in late July 2017

Something else you might consider is going to an Iron Pigs game - the Phillies farm team. They're playing at home that night. It's a really nice stadium that's pretty new and both tickets and food are fairly well priced, especially if you buy them at the group rate - I would get them now if you're interested. We usually go twice a year and I'm not a huge baseball fan. www.milb.com/schedule/index.jsp…

The stadium is in East Allentown, close to the Bethlehem city line.

Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
3,132 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ideas for teen group visiting in late July 2017

I agree about the Iron Pigs. One of the nicest minor league stadiums around

There are post-game fireworks July 28th,

It's calso Scout night, so there should be even more kids than usual

Edited: 19 April 2017, 20:43