We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trick or treat...

queens ny
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Topic
trick or treat...

my family and i are heading to dorney park on the 31,and staying in wingate the one close to dorney park.since i have a a 6 years old i will like to take her out to trick or treat. is hamilton ave a good place to go trick or treat? is there alot of store around.... i will like some infor on this please;

Coopersburg...
Destination Expert
for Allentown
Level Contributor
625 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trick or treat...

Hamilton Avenue, where you will be staying is a four lane road, zoned commercial. If you drive two miles towards Allentown, Hamilton becomes more residential, but you will want to get off Hamilton itself since it's a busy road with no parking allowed until you get into town and that's NOT a place you want to go trick or treating. Also, you might want to check if that is indeed a trick or treating night. In my township (I'm just south of Allentown) trick or treat is the last Friday of the month, regardless of the date. This year it does happen to be the 31st but raindate is Saturday night, November 1.

BTW, Be very, very careful crossing Hamilton on foot to get to Dorney. This is a busy road and most locals think of it as a Highway, they are not looking for pedestrians and there have been accidents and fatalities from people walking back and forth from Dorney Park.

Pennsylvania
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: trick or treat...

I am located in west allentown and right off of Hamilton.

That is a commercial road and it would be safer to trick or treat in a few blocks from Hamilton. Or on the other side, going up Ott St. towards the Muhlenberg College and trick or treat at the homes inbetween there. You could also consider a mall for safe trick or treating.

I checked the news and trick or treat will be on the 30th of Oct. and the Allentown Parade will be on the 1st of Nov. if you are still in town.

Happy Halloween.

Coopersburg...
Destination Expert
for Allentown
Level Contributor
625 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trick or treat...

Since the OP posted his question last year, I think he's probably out of the area now. ; )

4. Re: trick or treat...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2010, 06:21