We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips for Dorney park and Wild water kingdom in Pennsylvania

Toronto
Level Contributor
265 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tips for Dorney park and Wild water kingdom in Pennsylvania

Hello, we are driving from Canada and going to be going to 3 of the Cedar Fair parks. Cedar point in Ohio, Kings Dominion in Virginia and Dorney park in Pennsylvania.

Do you have any tips for me for the Dorney Park and Wild water kingdom parks. We have platinum passes.

Thank you for reading.

Coopersburg...
Destination Expert
for Allentown
Level Contributor
625 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tips for Dorney park and Wild water kingdom in Pennsylvania

Go during the week and as early in the morning as possible of just go late in the day. The only time that the crowd thins out is in the late afternoon when the buses leave. Have fun!

Toronto
Level Contributor
265 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tips for Dorney park and Wild water kingdom in Pennsylvania

do you know approximately when the buses start leaving, and also because we have platinum passes, how early in the day can we start?

thank you.

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
348 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tips for Dorney park and Wild water kingdom in Pennsylvania

Check out the Season/Platinum Pass Benefits page on the Dorney website:

dorneypark.com/public/…pass_benefits.cfm

On weekends, you can start riding one of the roller coasters at 9:30...not much earlier than the regular opening time for the park. We used to have season passes and I always told people that our favorite time to go on weekends was first thing Sunday morning. Especially on hot days, we would get there when the water park opened and by the time it started filling up and getting huge lines (around 12:30 or 1ish), we'd gone on most of the slides without any wait.

Cheaper ticket prices start after 5. Between 5 and 7 (every night except Fridays and Saturdays), the park does get less busy, but there will still be lines for rides.

My other advice to people is to try to hit each park at its off-peak times. If it's a hot day and you can tolerate the heat, stick to Dorney because Wildwater will be mobbed. There are a few water rides inside Dorney (White Water Landing, a smaller log flume, and Thunder Canyon) that you can hit to get some relief during the day. On the other hand, if it's cloudy and a little cooler and you don't mind it, go to the water park because it will be less busy.

Have a great trip! Your itinerary is a dream...when we had passes to the Cedar Fair parks, I always wanted to take a trip to the different parks that weren't in my backyard.

4. Re: Tips for Dorney park and Wild water kingdom in Pennsylvania

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 12:19