We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AAA/Dorney Park

Woodridge, New York
Level Contributor
280 posts
196 reviews
Save Topic
AAA/Dorney Park

If I have AAA Plus can i purchase tickets at the gate for the discounted rate or do i have to do it online?

Harrisburg, PA
Level Contributor
509 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AAA/Dorney Park

Look in your AAA travel book ... if it says they offer a AAA discount, then that means the merchant offers at least a 10% discount off their published rates at the gate when the AAA card is presented. With that said however, you would do better to check with your local club (or call the club in Allentown) and see about discount tickets through your local AAA office -- these are often offered at group rates which offer an even better discount off the gate rate. Likewise, some local grocery stores will offer discounted tickets as well (for instance, Giant grocery stores in the Hershey area offer Hersheypark tickets at a substantial discount off the rate you pay if you purchase at the gate -- even better than AAA's discount rate).

Mentioned in this post
Allentown
Allentown
Pennsylvania
Coopersburg...
Destination Expert
for Allentown
Level Contributor
638 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AAA/Dorney Park

The best deal for Dorney tickets is at the Weis-Kings grocery store. They are always lower priced then the AAA discount. There is a Weis-Kings within half a mile East of Dorney on Hamilton Blvd. You can call them and check:

365 S Cedar Crest Blvd

Allentown, PA 18103

Phone: 610-821-4550

I just checked my local AAA site and they don't even mention a Dorney Park discount this year.

Mentioned in this post
Hamilton
Hamilton
Ontario, Canada
Allentown
Allentown
Pennsylvania
Coopersburg...
Destination Expert
for Allentown
Level Contributor
638 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AAA/Dorney Park

I found a AAA discount mentioned in a local magazine that lists the prices as follows: Adult $40.50 (save $8.00) and Child under 48" $27.00 (save $3.) It directs you to here: eastcentral.aaa.com/discounts/attractions.jsp

Edited: 10 July 2012, 19:27
Allentown...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: AAA/Dorney Park

Go to the Hess gas across the street from Dorney they have tickets for sale $39 plus tax

Eldersburg...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: AAA/Dorney Park

Bonnie, Thank you for posting this info. We were told by several retailers that Dorney no longer allows tickets to be sold by outside businesses. Guess they were wrong. This post saved me $30.

Coopersburg...
Destination Expert
for Allentown
Level Contributor
638 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: AAA/Dorney Park

A suggestion for other visitors to Dorney Park is to check out the discount packages with area hotels: http://stayandscream.discoverlehighvalley.com

The Comfort Inn Suites right across from the park, has good reviews from tripadvisor and offers, "Dorney Park 2013 Package :Get your thrills and save money when you stay with us. Includes two tickets to Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom per night. Complimentary beach towel use, and a coupon for one large cheese pizza and a pitcher of soda from our on-site restaurant Linxs per night." comfortsuites.com/ires/…

Edited: 10 July 2013, 13:31
Mentioned in this post
Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom
Dorney Park & Wildwater...
1,422 Reviews
Allentown, PA
7. Re: AAA/Dorney Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2015, 04:17