We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Allentown to Hillsborough scenic travel

Fairhope, Alabama
Level Contributor
296 posts
34 reviews
Allentown to Hillsborough scenic travel

I have business in Hillsborough, NJ next week and will be flying into Allentown. After I get my rental car, I have all afternoon and evening to take my time to Hillsborough (meeting is next morning) Map quest shows several different routes but I'd prefer to take the scenic back roads if possible.

Can you suggest a scenic route or some nice towns/farms to stop in from Allentown to Hillsborough?

Thank you for your time!

Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
3,148 posts
23 reviews
1. Re: Allentown to Hillsborough scenic travel

Well, you are coming at an unscenic time of year. The trees will still be bare, and farm fields barren

Given that, I would concentrate on towns.

In Pennsylvania, the most scenic town would be historic Bethlehem. Nice shops and restaurants along Main Street. If you like history a tour of the historic Moravian buildings is interesting.

You might post on the New Jersey board for the New Jersey part of the Route.

Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
3,148 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: Allentown to Hillsborough scenic travel

Since no one else has weighed in on the New Jersey part of the trip I'll try

I don't really know central Jersey well, but I've never thought of the towns on your route as especially scenic

Clinton has a nice little museum- the Red Mil-l if that appeals to you-update, just checked the website. Red Mill is only open Sat. and Sun. in March

The most scenic nearby town is probably Princeton, but that would ber a considerable detour.

Alternatively, if you like art/antiques and have plenty of time, a drive down the Delaware River to New Hope PA/Lambertville NJ on opposite sides of the River. might be enjoyable. The drive itself is more scenic when there are leaves on the trees.

Traugers farm, on Route 611 along the River in Kintnersville, has a nice farm Market, but I'm not sure they are selling much in March-maybe som apples and their own cider.

Edited: 08 March 2016, 13:49
Fairhope, Alabama
Level Contributor
296 posts
34 reviews
3. Re: Allentown to Hillsborough scenic travel

Thanks for your help!

4. Re: Allentown to Hillsborough scenic travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2018, 18:18