We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Amarillo Restaurants for Thanksgiving?

Wilmington
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Great Amarillo Restaurants for Thanksgiving?

Unfortunately, I'll be traveling to Amarillo on Thanksgiving day while my family in the Northeast enjoys their traditional turkey dinner.

Can anyone suggest a restaurant that offers fine dining for Thanksgiving in the Amarillo area?

Also, what is the nicest hotel in Amarillo?

Thanks very much!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
32 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Amarillo Restaurants for Thanksgiving?

The nicest hotels in my opinion are the Drury and Ashmore Inn and Suites.

(Drury is on the west side of town off of I-40 and Soncy. Ashmore is near the center of town off of I-40 and Ross.)

Hmm.. for traditional Thanksgiving dinner...

Maybe the Big Texan will have a turkey dinner.

I don't know of any other local restaurants that are planning anything special.

texas
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Amarillo Restaurants for Thanksgiving?

oddly enough I emailed someone in the area for the same information. I was told to check on "Marty's" I don't know anything about it but I suspect I will be eating my Thanksgiving meal there.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
32 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great Amarillo Restaurants for Thanksgiving?

There was a blurb in Friday's paper asking for any restaurant that will be open on Thanksgiving to please respond to let everyone know what will/won't be open.

Will keep my eyes open for any responses in the paper and will let you know.

the big Texan does plan to have a Thanksgiving buffet on Thanksgiving, but they aren't what I would consider fine dining, but good food.

amarillo, TX
Level Contributor
7 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great Amarillo Restaurants for Thanksgiving?

The Ambassador Hotel usually has a buffet, so you may check them out. Also, Cracker Barrel will have turkey & dressing if that's what you're looking for. Most other Amarillo restaurants will be closed.

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great Amarillo Restaurants for Thanksgiving?

As a youngster growing up in the area, I can't direct you to traditional Thanksgiving fare. I will be in OKC dining at The Hometown Buffet, so I fill you pain.

If I could recommend a hotel, it probably would have to be The Ambassador. Check it out.

Can you bring me a chesse wit from Pat's and some Yuengling Traditional Lager, two things I was never privileged enough to know about until about 8 years ago?

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Great Amarillo Restaurants for Thanksgiving?

WOW, I must be missing that Philly food because usually my spelling and grammar is better than that. My apologies.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
32 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Great Amarillo Restaurants for Thanksgiving?

From Friday's paper... these are the restaurants that will serve traditional Thanksgiving food.

Golden Corral

7220 W. I-40

10am-4pm

Big Texan

7701 E I-40

7am-10pm-regular menu

10:30am-3pm- Thanksgiving buffet

Martys

2740 Westhaven

10:30am-3pm

Furr's

2221 S. Soncy Road

10:30am-6pm- turkey and trimmings plus usual buffet items

Cracker Barrell

2323 E I-40

6am-10pm- will also serve regular menu items

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Great Amarillo Restaurants for Thanksgiving?

I would like to rescind my referral of staying at The Ambassador. We had reserved two rooms this past weekend. Getting into our second room took "about an hour" on 4 different occasions.

The $8.95 breakfast buffet (coffee included) was subpar to say the least. I have been to much smaller hotels that offered this same hot buffet as a complimentary ammenity.

There are so many new hotels built and being built on the west side of town, we should had stayed at the Drury Inn.

Happy Thanksgiving, and again I apologize if you reserved a room at the Ambassador on my word.

Amarillo, TX
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Great Amarillo Restaurants for Thanksgiving?

We live in Amarillo. The Country Inn and Suites is a good place on I-40 West just off of Soncy Road. The Big Texas is good for a 'fun' place to stay, plus it is next door to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. Hope you enjoy your stay.

10. Re: Great Amarillo Restaurants for Thanksgiving?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 13:20