We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Big Texan, can we look around without eating there?

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,448 posts
465 reviews
Save Topic
Big Texan, can we look around without eating there?

We'll be driving through Amarillo next month. We'd like to stop at Big Texan Steak Ranch to look around, buy fudge in the gift shop, and the kids want to do the shooting gallery. We probably won't have time to actually eat there though; I'm just looking at a 15 or 20 minute stop. Can you look around/enter without dining?

Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Big Texan, can we look around without eating there?

No problem we were there April 1st, I cannot recommend eating there as our experience was bad.

NC
Level Contributor
864 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Big Texan, can we look around without eating there?

We ate here in August while on our Grand Canyon road trip.

You can look around, BUT, you need to know that this is one of those tourists restaurants that crams as many tables in as they can. If you go at dinner time when they will be crowded, it will be extremely difficult to just walk around. There really isn't too much to look at and actually, you can stand near the entrance and just take a look around. (The outside was more interesting than the inside).

The fudge (all the food for that matter) is very expensive for a steakhouse like this. My daughter is a fudge lover, but she didn't think the fudge was worth the price. She ended up throwing half of it away.

You should also make sure you walk all the way back through the game area and sit in the BIG rocking chair & take your picture. They also have a maze that my hubby & daughter did for fun, but I thought $5 a person to walk through a maze is just too much. I guess that's how you know you're in a hot tourist spot. Sitting in the big chair is free though.....lol!

3. Re: Big Texan, can we look around without eating there?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2014, 07:16