We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have an evening flight after a Cowboys game...

Oregon
Level Contributor
69 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Have an evening flight after a Cowboys game...

I will be driving my rental car back to Dallas the day the cowboys play the rams this season and was hoping to catch a game. My flight leaves at 8 pm and my rental is due back at DFW at 630. Game time is at noon but I'm worried about post game traffic. Is there any good strategy for avoiding the worst of it? I'd be happy to even pay to park at a hotel that has game shuttle service. Any suggestions? Is this doable?

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Have an evening flight after a Cowboys game...

Check parking/ shuttle at Lincoln Sq in Arlington. I think you have to spend a $40 min at one of the retailers/bars/restaurants in the shopping center to take advantage of the free shuttle. I don't see that timing is an issue. lincolnsquarearlington.com/park/…

Cowboy games are generally sold out, so you'll probably not be able to get a ticket.

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
6,078 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Have an evening flight after a Cowboys game...

Plenty of tickets available. You will have no trouble getting a ticket at face value at the Cowboys official ticket site. You might find seats below face value on Stub Hub.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
28,838 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Have an evening flight after a Cowboys game...

We always use Stub Hub got our Rangers tickets last year and plan on getting Cowboy tickets this year.

Oregon
Level Contributor
69 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Have an evening flight after a Cowboys game...

I was able to get a pretty cheap ticket actually, only $24...sure it'll be in the nosebleeds, but I'll take it. Lincoln Square sounds like a good bet - I could spend $40 at Best Buy easily...

I'm just hoping traffic going out is not a huge enough issue to be a 2-3 hour delay just to get over to DFW...

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Have an evening flight after a Cowboys game...

On a non-rush hour, non-event day, DFW airport is an about a 20 minute drive north of Arlington (I-30 @ Collins) on Hwy 360. Car rentals are returned on the south side of the airport, just prior to passing through airport toll plaza - ie, it's on the way to the terminals. So, time should not be an issue, even with Cowboy traffic.

If the game runs long and you're concerned with time, you can check current road conditions at txdot.gov/inside-txdot/…current.html

Looking for SH 360. Note the NOTE: *NOTE: If the road you are looking for is not listed, no conditions have been reported for that roadway.

6. Re: Have an evening flight after a Cowboys game...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2014, 06:21