We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

High Crime Area article

Abilene, Texas
Level Contributor
73 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
High Crime Area article

I'm curious about this post of the area near/around Hwy 360. Has it really become that bad of an area and exactly which hotels were involved? We usually frequent the Holiday Inn right there on Hwy 360 and Brown, was this one of them? I know that they are no longer known as a Holiday Inn, we were there back in April of this year and it seemed to have gone through some rennovations. We just love the indoor pool and would definitely want to stay there if it's not safe.

I would appreciate any information.

Annette

Texas
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: High Crime Area article

Hey, Cal, where did you read the article?

Abilene, Texas
Level Contributor
73 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: High Crime Area article

It was in the Arlington, TX Forum. Someone had asked about a good place for a family and a dog. Someone replied indicating that there was an article in the paper pertaining to the high crime area around Hwy 360 and that police had posted warnings.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,890 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: High Crime Area article

Here's a link to a column that OK Carter wrote in April about the electronic sign that Arlington police posted on that stretch of 360

(dfw.com/mld/…14441272.htm)

If you email him you can probably get a more current status on the issue. It was a big deal in the media the week it happened but then it died down.

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: High Crime Area article

I did mention that article in a post a few weeks ago, but I did not mean to paint a bad picture of the area. I was as surprised as anyone when I read the article. There are too many great things about the area to let a one block section bring it down, and I think the police took care of the problem anyway.

I was at the old Holiday Inn at Brown & 360 last month for a conference, and it was very nice. A few ceiling tiles above the indoor portion of the pool needed to be replaced, and the poolside bar needed some work.

The Burrow's family, who are long time customers of mine, bought the hotel and it is now the Ambassader Inn. You can count on them to make further improvements, and I expect it to be better than ever.

Abilene, Texas
Level Contributor
73 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: High Crime Area article

Thank you very much for this information. We really have come to like the former Holiday Inn and would hate to find rooms elsewhere. Annette

6. Re: High Crime Area article

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 16:15