We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crowne Plaza for NCAA tournament?

Which Arlington hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
KY
Level Contributor
125 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Crowne Plaza for NCAA tournament?

Our family is staying at the Crowne Plaza for tourn. Any tips about area. Restaurants, things to do close by, is there a shopping mall in area, ease of getting to stadium, etc. Thanks for any tips.

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crowne Plaza for NCAA tournament?

Arlington isn't known for great restaurants - however, Babe's Chicken Dinner House makes amazing fried chicken and other meat selections. All sides are served family style and are all you can eat. All sides are included with all meals. (No alcohol - may be BYOB).

Along the I-30 corridor between Cooper and Collins/Hwy 157 and 360, there are a large number of chain restaurants on either side of the freeway.

Lincoln Square - SW corner of I-30 @ Collins - is an large outdoor shopping area with a few restaurnats and sports bars.

If you'll have a car, I'd definitely venture 20 min east or west, to Dallas or Fort Worth respectively. Many more restaurant options. In Dallas, look at Bishop Arts for eats and eclectic shopping; in Fort Worth, Sundance Square and/or the Stockyards. Grand Prairie Premium Outlets is just east and south of your hotel on I-20 between Hwys 360 and 161.

Edited: 01 April 2014, 16:54
Arlington, Texas
Destination Expert
for South Padre Island
Level Contributor
809 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crowne Plaza for NCAA tournament?

On Park Row Drive in Arlington is David's Barbeque (soooo good) and right next door is Chop House Steaks and Seafood (also very good, they have a great steak). Just east of here is Chop House Burgers (same owner) for the best hamburger and onion rings in town. Olenjack's is in Lincoln Square, but that will probably be crowded. Further south on 360 is the Highlands Shopping Center with lots of restaurants. The Parks mall is also in that vicinity.

ARLINGTON, TX
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Crowne Plaza for NCAA tournament?

Multiple regional and national chain restaurants just a few blocks west on Lamar. More across I-30. For something a little wilder try Redneck Heaven about a mile south on 360. Not a family atmosphere. Take Lamar west to Collins, go south about 10 miles and you will find 2 Malls and approx. 100 restaurants. These are on I-20 to the west of Collins. Welcome to Texas and if you need help, just ask on here.

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
937 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crowne Plaza for NCAA tournament?

Apparently, Karin doesn't eat in Arlington often enough. ;)

If you want great Italian food in Arlington, head to Moni's, about a 10-minute ride from the Crowne Plaza.

http://www.monispastapizza.com/

If you like Asian/Pho, head over to Bamboo Pho, in a strip shopping center on the NW corner of Matlock Rd. and Mayfield Rd., probably 20 mts from the hotel.

And excellent Mexican food at Mariano's, about a 10-minute ride down 360. www.laharanch.com/marianos/locations.htm

You should note that Arlington has a smoking ordinance and you will find most restaurants smoke-free!

Enjoy!

5. Re: Crowne Plaza for NCAA tournament?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2015, 23:15