We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for rec's of fun things to do 10/23-10/27

Cleveland
Level Contributor
138 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
looking for rec's of fun things to do 10/23-10/27

I will be in Austin in Oct. for a conference. I'm looking for some fun things to do during my stay. Can someone suggest a couple of fantastic music venues (so many to choose from), and a few other things to do?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Austin
Austin
Texas
Cleveland
Level Contributor
138 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for rec's of fun things to do 10/23-10/27

I guess I should elaborate and say I like all sorts of things. Art, music, nature, museums, food!

Just as long as it's somewhere were I feel 'safe' (being a female traveling alone), I'm game.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for rec's of fun things to do 10/23-10/27

For music and food, you should take a look at two posts that have seen some activity in recent days. Go to the main Austin Forum page and click on the links for the "Austin Music Scene" and "Hip Restaurants?" posts. You'll get lots of good advice from the locals there. Also, for things to do in town, check out www.nowplayingaustin.com/ and www.austin360.com to get music, theater, museum, concert and other listings for things going on during the time you are here.

Mentioned in this post
Austin
Austin
Texas
Austin, TX
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for rec's of fun things to do 10/23-10/27

Join hundreds standing in line for a chance to see a taping of "Austin City Limits". 471-4811 ext. 310 or write from out of town: P.O.Box 7158, Austin, TX 78713

Mentioned in this post
Austin
Austin
Texas
McGregor, TX
Level Contributor
755 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: looking for rec's of fun things to do 10/23-10/27

Join tens of thousands watching the UT-Nebraska game! LOL... just kidding...

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
141 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: looking for rec's of fun things to do 10/23-10/27

Don't miss the Continental Club on South Congress for live music. And have a bite to eat at the original Threadgill's on North Lamar, and also at Polvo's on South 1st. (Ask the locals at all three places while you're there where to catch some great music that evening.) I know you will get plenty of other advice, but those are my two cents... :)

Mentioned in this post
South Congress Hotel
South Congress Hotel
330 Reviews
Austin, TX
Continental Club
Continental Club
222 Reviews
Austin, TX
6. Re: looking for rec's of fun things to do 10/23-10/27

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 11:19