We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Destination wedding

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
255 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Destination wedding

can any one recommend the best place to have a nice wedding in Austin? Which is the best? Barton Creek, Driskill? thanks!!

Austin, Texas
Destination Expert
for Austin
Level Contributor
1,723 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Destination wedding

It really depends on what you want for your wedding setting. The Driskill is beautifully restored and historic. And the location in the middle of downtown is fun. Many Austin families have used it for special occasions for years. Another historic place that's good is Green Pastures. Lovely old home that's been used for years. It's immediately south of downtown. Another "historic" is Mansion at Judge's Hill in the UT area. Barton Creek would be okay too, just not historic!

Lakeway Inn would be an alternative to Barton Creek. Nice and with outstanding lake views.

If you're thinking of using an Austin wedding planner I'm certain they'll have additional suggestions.

Big decisions!!! Good luck!

Let us know where you decide?

Texas
Level Contributor
212 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Destination wedding

You can get detailed wedding venue information on www.theknot.com. There's an Austin talk forum.

Austin
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Destination wedding

You might want to check out Star Hill Ranch. I'm a wedding photographer and we work there often. The place is really neat and very "Texas". They do not have on site catering so you can go as fancy as you want with the food.

The Driskill is the most elegant venue in town, but I find when I do events there random people always seem to "crash".

Green Pastures serves (IMO) the best food in town. If you are going to do something during the day they have amazing grounds.

Good luck!

4. Re: Destination wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 13:21