We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

question toll road

Which Austin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hewitt, Texas
Level Contributor
119 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
question toll road

would it be quicker at 5a.m. in the morning to use toll sh 130 going to San Antonio than to use I-35? would you advise it? thanks

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: question toll road

If you are coming through Austin at 5am, I don't think traffic will be too terrible, so you shouldn't need to use the toll road. Anytime after 6:30am, it may be worth it.

Longview, Texas
Level Contributor
55 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: question toll road

Is this the new toll road? If so, is the part that connects with I-35 on the south side of Austin open? I am going to be making a trip from San Antonio to East Texas and I may have to go when traffic is heavy in Austin. Would this road help? Thanks in advance for any help.

Hewitt, Texas
Level Contributor
119 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: question toll road

I am going to San Antonio this weekend to Fiesta Texas won't leave Waco till 6:30.. is the New toll road worth it? is it way out of the way? does it really cost $12? thanks,

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: question toll road

TexasCarolyn -- Yes, the part that connects with 35 to the South is open now, so you can get on the toll road downt there and avoid all of Austin traffic. You will get back on 35 near Georgetown.

stormie45 -- If you're leaving Waco at 6:30am on a weekend, you probably don't need to bother with the toll road as traffic through Austin isn't that bad that early on a weekend. On a weekday, it think it may be worth it to avoid rush hour traffic. It's not really out of the way because you enter it right off of 35 near Georgetown and then connect back with 35 just south of Austin. I have a TxTag, so I'm not sure how much tolls actually are. You can calculate how much of a toll you will pay based on where you get on and off here -- http://www.txtag.org/tollcalc.php

Longview, Texas
Level Contributor
55 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: question toll road

Thanks, MrTed. We had driven up 35 through Austin last week and thought that it looked like the toll road was completely open. However, we were driving on Sunday morning, so traffic was not too bad. We have, however, been caught on 35 in Austin for very long periods of time, so the toll road will definitely be a plus for us. Thanks, again.

OO
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
727 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: question toll road

We started taking the toll road even before it was completed at the south end. It is far less stressful than 35, and you never can seem to tell when 35 will be a nightmare!

We got the tolltag...cuts down on the cost, and as we are traveling back and forth between San Antonio and Frisco, we use it on the Dallas end as well for the Dallas North Tollway. It's wonderful too, not having to get off and toss coins, but to just fly through in the tolltag lanes (Dallas especially where it's really congested.)

7. Re: question toll road

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2009, 05:21