We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What shopping items worth to buy in Austin?

Malaysia
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
What shopping items worth to buy in Austin?

Hi there,

I will be Austin for 3 days...planning to do some shopping...

Can anyone recommends what are items or brands worth / best price to buy in Austin than other country? i heard that items like ipod, coach, levis, are very decent price selling here...

Any other items?

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,518 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What shopping items worth to buy in Austin?

Don't know because I don't shop other parts of the country. There are two outlet shopping areas nearby - San Marcos and Round Rock. There maybe bargins there. On name brand items, I usually shop the internet, or at least look at prices there.

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What shopping items worth to buy in Austin?

I doubt that you would beat the price in the duty free in Singapore

Katy, Texas
Level Contributor
175 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What shopping items worth to buy in Austin?

FYI the outlet mall in San Marcos is rated as one of the top 5 in the country so if you're looking for a good shopping experience I'd check that one out. Otherwise check out all the little boutiques in downtown Austin for some true Texas shopping, I'm sure you can find some great deals and possibly some good items that you can't find in an outlet mall.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What shopping items worth to buy in Austin?

Hi there,

Thanks for your replied..i have plan to visit Prime Outlet @ san marcos :)

5. Re: What shopping items worth to buy in Austin?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2011, 07:16