We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

work trip report 1/8-1/13

Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
Level Contributor
2,498 posts
601 reviews
Save Topic
work trip report 1/8-1/13

I rolled into Austin and checked into my usual Embassy Suites on I35 by 290-always works wellfor me because close to office and easy to get to good dining areas. headed to Half Lrice Books on Lamar to spend some $5coupons for janjary and then to store for some staples for classroom. on to meet friends at Hula Hut, its vlose to thwir hojse, their kids are welcome and happy here and I lkve the chicken guacamole tubular taco-its like crack to me!!! very good and funny service, great with friends kids and though there are better restaurants out there to try we keep.returning for the taco, the service and the kids! on to HEB to pick up some fruit, yogurt, and other healthy stuff then back to hotel to review work and crash. warning, im here for work so other than dinner and a little shopping if im lucky, this wont get too wild! hubs may come down for the long weekend but thats yet to be decided!!

Mentioned in this post
Hula Hut
Hula Hut
927 Reviews
Austin, TX
Uncommon Objects
Antique Stores, Gift & Speciality Shops
Leighelena
Gift & Speciality Shops
The Arboretum
Gift & Speciality Shops
The Loop Running Supply Company
Gift & Speciality Shops
Austin, TX
Destination Expert
for Austin
Level Contributor
2,250 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: work trip report 1/8-1/13

Sounds like a fun work trip!

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
6,067 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: work trip report 1/8-1/13

You got to go to Hula Hut. In my neck of the woods, that's pretty wild ;-)

Mentioned in this post
Hula Hut
Hula Hut
927 Reviews
Austin, TX
Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
Level Contributor
2,498 posts
601 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: work trip report 1/8-1/13

good firat day of training amd had two other friends in town trainking othwr classes so we headed to Milto's on Guadaloupe st for hummus, the best greek salads and a slice of pizza. on to central market to pick up snacks for work the nxt day and for a gelato. i had a small panna cotta toffee and mexican chocolate-yum yum!! tuesday had lunch with a couple of coworkers at Baby Acapulcos (baby a's, I love their tortilla soup! dinner with family at Saltgrass in round rock-so so service but a good steak cobb salad. then up to Georgetown to see stepsisters new apartment-late night for me, I'm a little draggy in class today!

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
6,067 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: work trip report 1/8-1/13

My sister lives in Georgetown- some great places to eat and shop around that square. Glad to read about your "meal adventures"! I really want to try Baby Acapulco's and Milto's. Are you walking to the downtown places?

Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
Level Contributor
2,498 posts
601 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: work trip report 1/8-1/13

Probably no trip.downtown this time; its nkce out today but cooling off tonight/tomorrow. looking like Carrabas with a friend from Longview tonight-maybe shopping!?

Mentioned in this post
Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
6,067 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: work trip report 1/8-1/13

Cooling off? It is going to be in the 20's tonight! Brrrrrr.........

Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
Level Contributor
2,498 posts
601 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: work trip report 1/8-1/13

So lunch at Bill Millers bbq chain-close to our office and not bad but not special.q; good company though and lots of laughs with coworker and big boss. worked latd then back to hotel for comfy clothes and over to Carrabas on i35 by highland mall-its not there anymore! found theres a new carrabas out on 183 and Duval so off we go. great fried risotto balls for an appetizer as well as yummy bread. soso salad, friend had pasta weezie which was tasty shrimp with shrooms and a light sauce, i had combo of lasagna and chicken parm with pasta-pretty good but not overly special. we'll see what kind of dining options tomorrow brings

Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
Level Contributor
2,498 posts
601 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: work trip report 1/8-1/13

Lunch at Taco Shack by office on Thursday; i haven't been there in a long time and forgot how much i like it-esp for speed and price! i really like their tacos! a friend and her daughter live nw of town and drove down to meet me for a visit and dinner; friend wanted Miltos and i was glad to return for another Greek salad and some pepperoni and mini hamburger amd sausage meatballs-yummy! ordering a full fresh baked pizza is so much better than by the slice!!

Friday was a quick run back to Taco Shop for lunch tacos and i wrapped my training at about 2:15 and was on the road back to Arlington by 2:35. had to stop north of Waco at Dairy Queen for a snickers blizzard with added chocolate and then on to home. I enjoyed seeing lots of friends while in town but was glad to get home this evening!

Mentioned in this post
Waco
Waco
Texas
9. Re: work trip report 1/8-1/13

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2013, 10:18