We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Anglo-Texan Society - any information?

Which Austin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
The Anglo-Texan Society - any information?

www.flickr.com/photos/glynthomas/301962496/

I've been attempting to find out about this society and have been having absolutely no success, so I thought I'd ask the experts in the Texas Forums if they know anything about it. All I know is that it closed down many years ago, perhaps in the 1960s or 1970s - does anyone have more informion?

(I didn't know which forum to put this into, so put in this into the Houston forum and then thought that it should really go here, but I don't want to spam anyone so won't be putting this anywhere else.)

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Anglo-Texan Society - any information?

Found this tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/vnasm

Thanks for posting the link. I'm planning a trip to England including London. I think I'll go have a look at the plaque.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
4,154 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Anglo-Texan Society - any information?

See my post on the Houston or Texas forum for some other info.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,794 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Anglo-Texan Society - any information?

My sister and I stopped by the Texas Legation when we were in London a couple of years ago to take pictures (she had been told of it by a cab driver- they are SO knowledgeable). Hadn't really thought about who paid for the sign itself.

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Anglo-Texan Society - any information?

Thanks everyone, especially Texhills for the weblink.

London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: The Anglo-Texan Society - any information?

Howdy!

I have been trying to get it going again.. but haven't had much luck. I own the domains and such.. the goal being to try and organize a little festival or street party or even just a regular BBQ.

You can join us if you're on Facebook..

www.AngloTexanSociety.com

Take care!

Joe

6. Re: The Anglo-Texan Society - any information?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2013, 20:47