We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel Radisson or Sheraton at the Capitol

england
Level Contributor
138 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel Radisson or Sheraton at the Capitol

Hi

We are staying in Austin may 6th-10th and are looking for good hotel deals.

I have found both the Radisson &'the Sheraton for roughly the same price (and about half the price of other hotels in the downtown area) I have looked at reviews and still can't decide between the two so any insight or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. We would ideally like to be close to 6th street and walking distance to restaurants bats etc.

Thanks

Austin Guided Tour
121 reviews
from US$37.90*
Austin in a Nutshell Bike Tour
18 reviews
from US$49.00*
Austin Live Music Crawl
24 reviews
from US$54.13*
Austin and Texas Hill Country...
120 reviews
from US$25.00*
Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
6,029 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel Radisson or Sheraton at the Capitol

We have stayed at the Radisson and really like the location and the pool area. We had a lakeside view room- enjoyed watching rowing and boats. Easy walk to bars and restaurants. The Sheraton is a bit too out on the highway for me.

Edited: 11 March 2012, 12:55
Austin, Texas
Destination Expert
for Austin
Level Contributor
1,793 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel Radisson or Sheraton at the Capitol

The Radisson has the better location. It's an easy walk to 6th Street, right at the "Bat Bridge" over Congress Avenue and very handy for the 2nd street district.

The Sheraton is a nice hotel but I don't recommend walking to and from 6th St. unless it's broad daylight and it's at least two walking together. After dark I don't recommend any walking there. There are a couple of dark spots and our homeless population is served near by.

Welcome to Austin!

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,247 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel Radisson or Sheraton at the Capitol

Radisson has the better location

england
Level Contributor
138 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel Radisson or Sheraton at the Capitol

Thanks for your replys. We thought that the Sheraton was looking a better deal for a nicer hotel but it is important to us to be able to walk around in the evening so we appreciate your input!

Pearland, Texas
Level Contributor
2,217 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel Radisson or Sheraton at the Capitol

I agree with the above. Ive stayed at the Sheraton would not recommend walking to 6th street from there.

england
Level Contributor
138 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which hotel Radisson or Sheraton at the Capitol

Thanks for the replies. We have gone a head and booked the Radisson, we have managed to secure a rate that can be cancelled just in case something extra special in downtown comes up!

Thanks again

Alice

england
Level Contributor
138 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which hotel Radisson or Sheraton at the Capitol

Just an update. We are glad we got a rate the we could cancel we have just booked the W hotel for an ever better rate than the Radisson or the Sheraton! Very happy it was just what we were after!

Pearland, Texas
Level Contributor
2,217 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which hotel Radisson or Sheraton at the Capitol

That's good news. Hope you enjoy your stay.

9. Re: Which hotel Radisson or Sheraton at the Capitol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 12:18