We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wildflowers early this year??

Texas
Level Contributor
76 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Wildflowers early this year??

We are planning a trip to the Hill Country and Austin area to view the wildflowers and bluebonnets April 11-14. I've been reading reports that the flowers are out early this year, and I'm wondering if we should move our trip up a couple of weeks? Does anyone know when they're predicting the flowers to peak? Any advice?

Thanks!

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,208 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wildflowers early this year??

I would move it up. Blue Bonnets are in full bloom right now in Boerne.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wildflowers early this year??

We drove out to Llano this weekend and the bluebonnets were spectacular along Hwy 29 from Burnet. If you can move your trip up, go ahead. There is already plenty to see.

3. Re: Wildflowers early this year??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2013, 09:29