We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging during the Formula 1 race - November 16-18

Which Austin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California's Wine...
Level Contributor
63 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging during the Formula 1 race - November 16-18

Hi all,

I'm amazed, but it looks like I waited too long to book a hotel for the Formula 1 race in November. Our plans were to spend 3 days doing the race thing and then about 3 more days doing the music scene. I cant find a room for less than $500 while the race is going on.

So now I'm thinking about renting somewhere out of town and traveling to the race track for the first 3 days and then getting a room near 6th street for the last 3 days.

Does anyone have a recommendation for where we could stay during the race?

Has anyone heard of any plans for shuttle buses to the race track?

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Lodging during the Formula 1 race - November 16-18

They (the builders) are talking about opening up a parking in Kyle and running a shuttle to the track.

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Lodging during the Formula 1 race - November 16-18

Just received an update, the cheapest ticket price is $375 plus $1500 seat licenses for turn 15 grandstand. Main grandstand is $500 for the seat plus $2000 Personal seat licenses.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Lodging during the Formula 1 race - November 16-18

Try Pflugerville, just north of Austin. You might also look for advance purchase, non-refundable rates. These are usually some lower, but be sure you really are going as you can't get your money back once you book.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Lodging during the Formula 1 race - November 16-18

wesheltonj, I got the same update last night and it was my understanding that those prices were for season tickets at the track. Single event tickets will go on sale this summer, reportedly in June.

As for the shuttle issue, one of the track representatives said on the news last night that there would be very little parking at the facility itself by design to encourage people to take shuttles from other parts of town. A traffic study is underway and track people are in talks with various shuttle services to run from downtown and other areas. Nothing set in stone yet.

Pearland, Texas
Level Contributor
2,217 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Lodging during the Formula 1 race - November 16-18

My understanding also is that actual event tickets will go on sale in June. General admissions single day tickets - guessing - would normally be around $125 - $200 pp. Then there would be all sorts of weekend, grandstand, pit row, paddock, etc. tickets that could be as high as $4k pp. (I looked at the F1 website and some of the other events around the world.)

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,224 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Lodging during the Formula 1 race - November 16-18

This article about hotel rates etc. was in the Austin American Statesman newspaper a few weeks ago. It says it all.

statesman.com/business/central-texas-hotels-…

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Lodging during the Formula 1 race - November 16-18

That article is from July 2011 and talks about hotels setting aside rooms until they can accurately gauge interest in the race. I think at this point, hotels are totally booked. Small numbers of rooms may be being held until closer to race time, but I think being less than 6 months out, most hotels, at least in downtown Austin, are actually already booked.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,224 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Lodging during the Formula 1 race - November 16-18

So sorry it was very late last night and I pulled the wrong article in a rush. Here is the 2012 article about hotels for Formula 1

statesman.com/sports/formula1/rates-for-many…

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Lodging during the Formula 1 race - November 16-18

I just received an e-mail that hotels can now be booked by circuit of the america website. Thay might explain why you cannot find anything, the the track blocked out most of the rooms in austin and beyound.

20. Re: Lodging during the Formula 1 race - November 16-18

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2012, 18:37