We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bluebonnet Report

Which Austin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
674 posts
419 reviews
Save Topic
Bluebonnet Report

Are they already out??!! I'm seeing pics of them on FB around Huntsville. We were hoping for visiting first week of April as usual. Thanks---the smaller towns rarely respond to posts so was hoping for you help.

Austin, Texas
Destination Expert
for Austin
Level Contributor
1,669 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bluebonnet Report

Maybe this web site will be helpful.

/www.texaswildflowerpictures.com/update.htm

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,184 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bluebonnet Report

Plenty of bluebonnets between San Antonio and Corpus Christi. My drive today saw a lot in Bee Co.

Austin, TX
Destination Expert
for Austin
Level Contributor
2,146 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bluebonnet Report

We took a drive from Austin to San Antonio and then back through Gonzales. They are starting to spring up everywhere.

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,418 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bluebonnet Report

Yep! Have seen them all over SA and Houston. I haven't been up 281 lately so can't report directly, but I'm guessing they're here.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,844 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bluebonnet Report

I can report lots and lots along I-45 between Corsicana and Dallas, especially near Ennis. Plus many, many in my backyard (see avatar) ;-)

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
23 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bluebonnet Report

Yes! They are here! Despite the scant rainfall, they are starting to crop on highways, and especially in the yards of people who have planted seeds. Also, the bats are back!

I drove to Galveston a few weeks ago and the medians on 71 were already starting to fill up. I think it will be a good season!

Also, bats in Austin are back.

Edited: 25 March 2013, 18:31
United States
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bluebonnet Report

Yes, it's bluebonnet time!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bluebonnet Report

Possible severe thunder storms forecast for the Austin area on Tue/Wed. 4/2~4/3 I would think that any rain would have to help the wild flowers....as long as dough boy hasn't nuked Austin yet:)

9. Re: Bluebonnet Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2014, 07:16