We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Downtown for College kids on New Years

Which Austin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas...
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel Downtown for College kids on New Years

We live in Austin but we don't ever stay downtown. My daughter and her friends from college and recently graduated friends want to come home and spend New Years downtown and are looking for a moderately priced hotel. I am not sure where to lead them and for sure don't want to be the Mom that put them in a bad location! I would really appreciate some recommendations!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,319 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Downtown for College kids on New Years

I'm sure it will be a hotel not used very long except for sleeping so I'm going to recommend Extended Stay across Lady Bird Lake near Threadgills for moderate price and their ability to walk over bridge to downtown. Late at night they could get a petty cab to motel.

Ext Stay at 507 So. Ist is going for $84 12/31/13

Extended Stay at 600 Guadalupe is going for $104 12/31/13

Austin, TX
Destination Expert
for Austin
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Downtown for College kids on New Years

While pedi cabs are fun, they are usually pricey for special events. At SXSW we had 5 people and they wanted $10 a piece for a short ride ($50), the same ride in a taxi was $10 for all 5 of us.

We like the Hilton Garden Inn on 6th when we stay downtown. I'm not sure you'll get a great price on any hotels for New Years Eve, but it's in a good party location at one end of 6th St.

Austin, Texas...
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Downtown for College kids on New Years

Thanks for the suggestions!

4. Re: Hotel Downtown for College kids on New Years

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2014, 05:17