We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown Austin - Where to stay within walking distance

Ontario
Level Contributor
112 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Downtown Austin - Where to stay within walking distance

My husband and son will be in Austin next Spring. They will be golfing during the day but plan to enjoy the nightlife and good food. They are looking for a 2 room suite that is centrally located and within walking distance of evening activities. Never having been there, it's hard to tell what is central for evening outings. What is recommended?

Mentioned in this post
Austin
Austin
Texas
Austin, TX
Destination Expert
for Austin
Level Contributor
2,250 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Downtown Austin - Where to stay within walking distance

I would take a look at the Embassy Suites downtown. Easy walk or very short cab ride to most of the fun in the area.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
159 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Downtown Austin - Where to stay within walking distance

"W" hotel is right in the heart of it all but pricey. Embassy Suites is less pricey but a longer walk to the "Fun" zone of 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th streets. Driscoll and Stephen F Austin hotels are classics right in the heart as well.

My Two Cents!

Mentioned in this post
Austin
Austin
Texas
3. Re: Downtown Austin - Where to stay within walking distance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2014, 06:20