We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mum with a 17-year daughter spend 2 days at Austin June 8

Grand Rapids...
2 posts
Save Topic
Mum with a 17-year daughter spend 2 days at Austin June 8

We'll arrive at noon on 8th of June, want to visit the University and some other interesting places. Daughter love music. We're staying at super 8. Any suggestion how we can get around? I appreciate your help!.

colorado springs,co
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mum with a 17-year daughter spend 2 days at Austin June 8

car2go.com/

Grand Rapids...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mum with a 17-year daughter spend 2 days at Austin June 8

Thanks, but it seems I have to become a member first which will cost about 35$, and I will not need to use car2 go very often.

Austin, Texas
Destination Expert
for Austin
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mum with a 17-year daughter spend 2 days at Austin June 8

The Super 8's are not in locations convenient or safe to do lots of walking for visiting the University or live music.

I think you'll want to consider paying more for your lodging and staying in the downtown area and use the metro bus system.

The least expensive lodging in downtown for easy access to what you've mentioned would be the Firehouse Hostel, Extended Stay America at 6th and Guadalupe, or La Quinta by the capitol.

If you still want to use a Super 8 you'll need a rental car.

Welcome to Austin!

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mum with a 17-year daughter spend 2 days at Austin June 8

I agree with yankee. Between the rental car and the Super 8 costs you'll spend almost as much as the price of a downtown hotel room. Plus downtown is a fun place to be in the evenings with lots of people walking around. Austin is a good place to use Priceline or Hotwire for downtown hotels.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
17,106 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mum with a 17-year daughter spend 2 days at Austin June 8

airbnb.com

include the shops along The Drag along side the Univ. ..i.e. The CoOp, Urban Otufitters etc...also, find Amy's Ice Cream

6. Re: Mum with a 17-year daughter spend 2 days at Austin June 8

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Austin
Recent Conversations