We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BBQ Steak and King Crab

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
VYS
Jakarta
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
BBQ Steak and King Crab

I am going to visit Old Town in June. Where can I find a good BBQ Steak and King Crab food there (great food, place, and value for money)?

Thanks.

VYS

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
455 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BBQ Steak and King Crab

Not going to find them both in the same place, and King Crab is not a huge staple around here with blue crap in such close proximity.

Hmmn, good steak in Old Town. That's not easy. Two places do come in to mind but other people would need to validate them. 219 King Street and across the street The Warehouse.

You might be able to get King Crab at the Chart House. It is a chain and can be a bit pricey. Not sure if the Fish Market has it, but you could ask.

Value and a nice meal are going to be hard to put together in Old Town so be fore warned. But then, I guess it depends on what your version of value is.

What price range are you looking for and it will help to narrow in on places for you.

VYS
Jakarta
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: BBQ Steak and King Crab

@fakename

Thank you for your reply. I am thinking to spend max $50 /person (incl non-alcoholic drink) but $30/person is better :-)

ps. I'll stay at the Embassy Suites during the visit.

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
455 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BBQ Steak and King Crab

No problem at all. When I come to Jakarta, I will let you know.

Here is a good link. Not all the places listed are great, but it gives you a good sample. All the places in Old Town that I have listed below are on this web site and most of them have links so you can check them out.

http://www.funside.com/dining/

Looks like the Warehouse is the best and closest spot for what you want. It is with in your price range. A few other spots that are right next to your hotel, which I think is on Diagonal road next to the metro, is Joe Theismans, Stella's and Dukes. Been to the first two and are good places, no idea about the last one. There is a good little italian place on King street called Laporta which has a dinner deal every night. Been there a few times and its good (not great, not bad). There is a breakfast place around the corner from you called Table Talk on King Street as well. Packed on the weekends. Stellas has a brunch buffet as well that is good.

Just up King St is a local chili place called Hard Times Cafe. You might not want a steaming hot bowl of chili in the middle of June, but they have good burgers as well. Cheap place and not really fine dining, but locals and tourists alike hang out there. The AC is always on full blast so you don't really notice the temperature.

Take the metro up to Crystal City and there are a number of options. McCormick & Schmick for seafood and Jaleo for tappas are two places we frequent. There is a steak house called Ruth's Chris which is located in the top of an office building. A little pricey and they serve a ton of food so don't eat lunch. I personally find the amount of food they serve repulsing, but the steak is very good.

A good steak house in DC is the DC Chop House in Chinatown of all places, only a few blocks from the metro.

I assume you will not have a car. If you do, let me know and I can offer places that are off the metro line or not within walking distance.

VA
Level Contributor
65 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BBQ Steak and King Crab

Just an FYI - Stella's seems to have closed down. A couple of months ago I read in one of the local papers that they were going out of business so called and the phone had been disconnected.

5. Re: BBQ Steak and King Crab

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 02:19