We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good places tp eat near 1757 king street

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
pocono pa
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
good places tp eat near 1757 king street

will be staying at the wyndham property from may 9th to the 16th looking for good places to eat within walking distance for both breakfast and dinner.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
56 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good places tp eat near 1757 king street

I think that your hotel is in Old Town, very close to the metro. Old Town is a great neighborhood, very quaint and full of life. King Street alone has plenty of restaurants to choose from. I've only eaten at a few, but my favorite is Taverna Cretekou - it's a Greek restaurant. Their food is delicious! I love dinner there, but they also have an incredible Sunday brunch buffet (pricey, $18/person, but how often do you get to eat Greek food buffet style?!) Thursday nights they have live Greek music and dancing (8 p.m.).

If you like chili, Hard Times is a great place - they serve four types of chili and have many other things to choose from on their menu. It's a casual place. Very local. Nothing fancy, but fun and the food is really good (keep in mind not necessarily good for you, but yummy!)It can get pretty crowded, so expect a bit of a wait.

La Madeleine is a chain in this area; they have breakfast, lunch, and I think dinner too. It's a french style eatery. They have very good tomato bisque soup and great sandwiches. I'm not crazy about their breakfast food.

I've tried Red Mei, a small casual Thai place. The food is good - very fresh, healthy, and inexpensive. This is a good place if you don't want to spend a lot and want something quick. I think all their dishes are $5.99. They use very fresh ingredients and prepare everything in front of the restaurant, so you see them make your food.

Hope this helps a little!

New Freedom...
Level Contributor
244 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good places tp eat near 1757 king street

When we lived in Alexandria, we loved going to Las Tapas (Spanish Appetizer Restaurant)....710 King St.

Lots of fun and great Sangria!

New Freedom...
Level Contributor
244 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good places tp eat near 1757 king street

When we lived in Alexandria, we loved Las Tapas (Spanish Appetizers)..great atmosphere and Sangria!

New Freedom...
Level Contributor
244 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: good places tp eat near 1757 king street

Sorry for the duplicate post, didn't think the first post went through

Level Contributor
503 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: good places tp eat near 1757 king street

Just walk down King Street (away from the Metro) and you'll see a ton of places. Vermillion is nice; Le Gaulois has an outdoor eating area (not just tables on the sidewalk) if the weather is nice; Murphy's is bar food but fun (live Irish sing-alongs most nights); Restaurant Eve is the best restaurant in Alexandria, but not cheap; Taverna Cretekou is good Greek but a little scary looking (they also have outdoor tables).

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
328 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: good places tp eat near 1757 king street

Mpatterson (and others), would you be kind to advice a place to eat breakfast (prefer a place that is already serving by 07:30-08:00). I would be staying in hotel in the King street area (I will be renting a car, thus can drive to a place outside the hotel area). Thanks.

Missouri
Level Contributor
4 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: good places tp eat near 1757 king street

Did you enjoy your stay at the Wyndham? We are looking at staying there in March. We are RCI member but can't seem to trade into this resort? So we are looking at buy time from a member. We were in DC in May of this year and our son is going to a Leadership program in March so we want to be in the area.

Free parking is a plus we have heard about. Any thing you could tell us would help.

Did you try the restaurants?

Thank you, Sueanne

8. Re: good places tp eat near 1757 king street

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 19:21