We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to DC/VA! Where to stay?

Hometown
Level Contributor
51 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
First time to DC/VA! Where to stay?

Hi, everyone! We're from Seattle and this will be our family's first trip to your area. We can't wait! I am truly shocked at the price of hotels, though. We are looking for something clean, decent, affordable, and close to the Metro (yeah, I'll bet you've never heard that before!). We need two rooms, so we're hoping for $150/room. Is the Hampton Inn - Old Town the one referred to in other postings as close to King St. Station?

Does anyone have any experience with Priceline for that area? I thought it might help save some money, but you have to choose locations on their map and I'm not sure which neighborhoods around DC would be appropriate for a family with younger kids. Suggestions for areas/neighborhoods that are good?

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Blaine, Minnesota
Level Contributor
449 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: First time to DC/VA! Where to stay?

This is for mopsydog. Thank you for your info, the cab will definately be our mode of transportation, along with the water taxi. Thank You sooooo much, yours was the only response I got!! I will let you know after in regards to the water taxi!!

jq
Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
661 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: First time to DC/VA! Where to stay?

What about the area around the Comfort Inn at 5716 Van Dorn Street, near I-495? This is different from the Comfort Inn Landmark, which did not have good reviews. Looking for places to eat after being in DC all day and getting to and from metro station, which they do have shuttle for.

Get answers to your questions about Alexandria