We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mt fuji- ease of visiting

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
37 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
mt fuji- ease of visiting

we are going to go tokyo-hiroshima-nagano-tokyo.

Would it be best to visit Mt. Fuji from Nagano vs. Tokyo? I read there are trains/trams up some parts of it but haven't researched much past that.

Thanks,

Ray

S.F., CA

Mentioned in this post
Fuji
Fuji
Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan
Nagano
Nagano
Nagano Prefecture, Japan
Tokyo
Tokyo
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
Tokyo Prefecture...
Level Contributor
428 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: mt fuji- ease of visiting

Don't think there's any trains or trams on Fujisan. There are buses to the 5th station, but I understand the schedule is seasonal. Official climbing season is July and August. I climbed it mid-September. You can read about it on Big Sushi, Little Fishes: …wordpress.com/2013/…

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: mt fuji- ease of visiting

If you're going in winter, there's not much point getting close to Fuji. Much better to enjoy the view from a distance away. You'll get a great view of the mountain from the Shinkansen west out of Tokyo. Best views are about 50-60 minutes out of Tokyo depending on the train. Try to get a right side window seat!

Mentioned in this post
Fuji
Fuji
Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan
Tokyo
Tokyo
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
37 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mt fuji- ease of visiting

thanks!

4. Re: mt fuji- ease of visiting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2014, 05:17