We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

san salvador de Jujuy

Which San Salvador de Jujuy hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Neerpelt, Belgium
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
san salvador de Jujuy

Dear all,

from 30/05 till 03/07 I planned to stay in Jujuy to explore the southern cities and the city itself before going to san pedro de atacama. surprisingly, all the hostels are already occupied from 01/07. is there any reason for, an event that is going on?

Thank you very much

Tom Holsteens

Mendoza, Argentina
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: san salvador de Jujuy

Yes, winter holidays are in July, and it is the custom for large groups of students or families in vehicles to travel during these periods, especially in the North part of Argentina where the climate is warmer in July.

Argentina
Level Contributor
3,506 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: san salvador de Jujuy

Salta has more options to stay in than San Salvador de Jujuy and the distance is only 124 kms. Salta is considered the Center of the NW and from here you can also visit the Calchaquies Valleys and other areas.

You can try... Good luck!

Angie/Giena

Neerpelt, Belgium
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: san salvador de Jujuy

Thank you both! While we can't book the hostels in advance we ll probably traveling from Salta.

Argentina
Level Contributor
3,506 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: san salvador de Jujuy

Keep in touch if you need any help; I willl b epleased to help you.

Angie/Giena

Neerpelt, Belgium
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: san salvador de Jujuy

Hey Angie and Giena,

Here is our full plan for north-west argentina. Im looking forward to this region while it isn't the most touristy place but I only read positive stories. I think it is best to have a car as soon as possible. So unless we can't rent one or it will be too expensive this scheme will be travelled by bus ;). The arrival place is the place where we stay the nights, Im only wondering if I maybe scheduled too much night in a place?

asuncion --> resistencia/corrientes 1night

resistencia --> tucuman 2 nights

tucuman --> tafi del valle 1 nights

tafi del valle --> cafayete 2 nights

cafayete --> cachi --> salta 2 nights

salta --> san salvador de jujuj 1 night

san salvador de jujuj --> tilcara 1 night

jujuj last night and in the morning trip to san pedro de atacama (chile).

I looks nice to stay the night in local places (hostels, we re students) instead of having one hub to discover the region. I hope you can tell me if this schedule has enough time in every city/place

Tom

Portsmouth, United...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: san salvador de Jujuy

If I was you I will spend more time in Salta Capital, Salta is a great city and hub to visit NW Argentina they organize excursion to go everywhere from there. I do recommend to visit cachi. Cafayate, Cabra corral and go to the Salinas grandes.

I'm assuming you will go to Humahuaca and Tilcara. If you have time also go to Iruya and Calilegua national Park.

Argentina
Level Contributor
3,506 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: san salvador de Jujuy

I agree with Tucuman... tafi del Valle... and the 2 nights in Cafayate, but unfortunately there is not connection between Cafayate and Cachi and if you do that you will also miss the portion where the Devil´s Throat, and the amphitheatre are!!! Why not going up to Angastaco by bus... and coming back to Cafayate for a third night and do ROute 68... then form Salta take a daytour to Cachi... you will not miss so much.

Angie/giena

8. Re: san salvador de Jujuy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2015, 01:15
Get answers to your questions about San Salvador de Jujuy