We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mashaquipe Tours in Rurrenabaque - Review

Western Ireland...
Level Contributor
1 post
35 reviews
Save Topic
Mashaquipe Tours in Rurrenabaque - Review

Anyone looking at this company for a Pampas Tour should consider the experience we had.

A single girl travelling alone on our tour group was put in a room at the end of the complex, segregated from the other people and constantly harrassed by the tour guide to enter her room both nights until I had to tell him to leave her alone. he didn't accept the rejection by the girl and kept going to her room at night - a scary experience for her and totally unacceptable. He took every opportunity to touch her. The guides name is Sergeo and despite being a good guide is sleezy and untrustworthy.

When we informed the tour company on return to Rurrenabaque, the manager said he was not going to employ him anymore. We didn't believe this at all.

While we had a good time on the Pampas Tour, we cannot recommend this company.

4 replies to this topic
Victoria BC
Level Contributor
89 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mashaquipe Tours in Rurrenabaque - Review

Thanks for posting this.

I'm going to Rurre in April 2012 and will avoid this company.

M

Cape Town
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Mashaquipe Tours in Rurrenabaque - Review

I was in Rurre end October/ beginning November 2009 and did the Pampas tour with Mashaquipe. One of the highlights of my trip! Great tour company, great guide & cook and excellent experience throughout. Very sad to hear about your experience - definitely unacceptable! Unfortunately cannot recall our guide's name, but Sergeo does not ring a bell... Would (and am still) recommending Mashaquipe, but a little sceptical now... The manager/owner seemed competent to me - perhaps give them a chance?

Rurrenabaque
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mashaquipe Tours in Rurrenabaque - Review

I would like to reassure all travellers considering Mashaquipe that this guide was dismissed as soon as we were told about his unacceptable behaviour towards this girl. We take this kind of complaint very seriously and will not tolerate such behaviour from any of our staff. Unfortunately he is now working for another company in Rurrenabaque who do not have the same scruples that we have.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mashaquipe Tours in Rurrenabaque - Review

I did both the forest and the pampas tour with Mashaquipe, and it was an unforgettable experience. Compared with other tour companies that I have read and heard about from fellow travelers, this one offers a great level of comfort, an individually-tailored program, great food and really friendly guides. I also met other guides during the trip and they all inspired rather confidence than skepticism, seeming very professional and polite. I would definitely recommend this tour company, and would choose them without hesitation if I went back.

Reply to: Mashaquipe Tours in Rurrenabaque - Review
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted