We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early or late arrival to Manaous?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Early or late arrival to Manaous?

Hi

I have 2 flight options which are leaving Salvador to Manaous, one flight arrives at 1:15pm and the other at 10pm. The next day I will be picked up for my amazon tour.

My question is, is it worth me flying in at 1:15pm? In terms of things to do and I will be travelling solo or should I just arrive at 10pm. I will be staying at the Go Inn which I think is in/near the town. Also, if I arrive at 10pm, will there be food options around in a safe area?

Thank you

Elaine

Montreal, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Early or late arrival to Manaous?

Hello Elaine,

to be honnest there is not much to do in Manaus... few hours will be enought to see the Opara house and walk around.

S G
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early or late arrival to Manaous?

I agree with Hugo-Mtl. When we came back from our cruise in the Amazon, we had 6 hours before taking a cab to the airport. We went to the opera house (which is very nice by the way. I recommend you to take a tour with a guide)

Then we walked the little square near the opera house. There are a lot of shops that sells souvenirs if you're interested. There are a couple of restaurant in the area. However there was nothing else to do. We walked near the port and explored the area but couldnt find anything else that was appealing.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early or late arrival to Manaous?

We have a similar situation with a post cruise period of 8 hours prior to going to the airport.

What can we do with our luggage during that period.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early or late arrival to Manaous?

We have a similar post cruise period of 8 hours.

What can we do with our luggage prior to going to the airport

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
817 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Early or late arrival to Manaous?

we were back packing through waiting 5 hrs for our flight, saw the opera house, etc. did not really feel safe walking around... so we found a bar and laid low... not much to see in the city. be carful.

6. Re: Early or late arrival to Manaous?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2015, 07:16