We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brazil holiday cancelled - First Choice

Which Salvador hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hull
Level Contributor
23 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Brazil holiday cancelled - First Choice

Have recieved notification that our holiday to Brazil has been cancelled by First Choice ( so much for last years posts that stated they had no plans to cancel) - does anyone know of any other company that can provide a Brazil holiday other than Kuoni. First choice has merged with Thomson and Thomas Cook don't fly there either. A return flight on its own is approx £1,925

Any help would be appreciated

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Brazil holiday cancelled - First Choice

TAP, on their site, seems to be offering London to Salvador for 756 GBP return (for a random 2 week period in October as an example).

Then you could, if you wished, easily explore the rich culture of the city of Salvador itself and meet some Brazilians, as well as enjoying a beach holiday in a more isolated resort amongst your countryfolk.

London
Level Contributor
181 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brazil holiday cancelled - First Choice

Kuoni and Thomas Cook Signature are the only people still traveling to Brazil next year, this is because they use scheduled airlines, and prices will reflect the recent price increases in fuel.

Chartered airlines are no longer flying to such destinations due to these increases which would double the cost of the holiday.

Tap fly daily (As tcan points out) around £700-900 per person return via lisbon (Which is easily to get to via the UK) Another option is to Fly BA to Sao P and getting an internal flight with TAM to Salvador.

I would still urge you to visit Brazil and especially Salvador.

As for last years posts, im sure these were in connection to the many rumers floating around that like Thomas Cook/MyTravel, they were not going to be in Brazil this year, which of course they have been.

Happy Travels

John

London
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Brazil holiday cancelled - First Choice

BA has a sale on, Heathrow-Rio £420 rtn if you buy online www.BA.com

Carlisle
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Brazil holiday cancelled - First Choice

Hi asenath1 - When were you actually booked for? Was it 2009?

Hull
Level Contributor
23 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brazil holiday cancelled - First Choice

Yes - booked to fly on 28th May - have tried looking at Thomas Cook as suggested earlier but can't book anything via internet - it seems that most have been taken off. Had a quote from Kuoni - the same holiday & hotel I'd booked with First Choice - was almost double the price. That was without paying the extra to visit Rio etc.

Perhaps we may have to think about Kenya instead and do Brazil in a few years time - I suppose there's so much more of the world to see to get hung up about one place (tho it is a place I've always wanted to visit)

Thanks for all the replies

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Brazil holiday cancelled - First Choice

If it is the PLACE ---Brazil----that you want to visit, then it absolutely behooves you to make independent arrangements which allow you to actually explore and experience the country, instead of parking yourself in a tourist Disneyland solely amidst other foreigners.

Hull
Level Contributor
23 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Brazil holiday cancelled - First Choice

I don't consider myself as someone who just wishes to "park" myself in one place - we both like to explore the country we are in - our best experiences of foreign travel has been meeting and spending time with the people of the country.

However what I do have to consider is that working full time and both of us getting the same time off work & our budgets ( being parent to 3kids & 5 step children) and the spiralling costs of living in the UK at the mo - money has to be a big part of our decision making.

I thank everyone for their comments and advice and will be loking into the flights that have been noted

Thanks

8. Re: Brazil holiday cancelled - First Choice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2008, 14:01
Here and there
Level Contributor
638 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Brazil holiday cancelled - First Choice

If time and planning are issue then why not book a flight to Rio or Sao Paulo and then use a Brazilian Thomas Cook equivalent like CVC. They have packages from SP and Rio to Praia do Forte that work out at about half the price that First Choice offers for its internal packages from Bahia to Rio or Iguaçu inclusive of airfare and accom. The differential is the airfare to Brazil and it looks like you will have to do that independently anyway. They also do accom packages independent of airfare if that suits better.

www.cvc.com.br/site/_destinos/conteudo.jsf…

On the other hand if it's your intention to fly to Bahia direct and that's all you want to see then I'd just hunt for a hotel in Salvador and take it from there. Plenty of agencies that do tours at competitive rates.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Brazil holiday cancelled - First Choice

Our holiday to Brazil has been cancelled by First Choice, we find it disgusting as their excuse was there was a lack of interest. We have been left in the cold with no compensation and told to rebook. No chance.