We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Somewhere quirky and inexpensive to stay on Boipeba please!

London
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Somewhere quirky and inexpensive to stay on Boipeba please!

I'll be heading to Boipeba from Salvador around December 30th this year. There's no room at Santa Clara, and the other places I've found have been bizarely expensive (over a grand for 5 nights). Anyone got any reccommendations for a small and not-too-pricey place to stay on the island?

Thanks!

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Somewhere quirky and inexpensive to stay on Boipeba please!

Not at Reveillon, no, when nothing in any popular vacation place in Brazil is not "bizarely expensive". Try some hostel in Morro, but do it soon.

Callaway, Minnesota
Level Contributor
115 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Somewhere quirky and inexpensive to stay on Boipeba please!

I just got back from 10 days in Boipeba and stayed at the Pousada Caminho de Pedras and this is the third time I have stayed there.

Super owners, great location and it couldn't be cleaner. And the price was right at 80 R a night. It would probably be more over New Years, but give it a try.

Any questions, please feel free to send me a PM.

My season is about to start here as have a nordic or cross country ski operation. Check our web at www.maplelag.com Snowing like crazy and 12 inches last Monday when I returned from Boipeba.

Boipeba is a wonderful place, it is my ideal spot for a wonderful beach vacation.

Good luck!!!

Jim in the winter wonderland of northern Minnesota

London
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Somewhere quirky and inexpensive to stay on Boipeba please!

Thanks Maple... for your really helpful suggestion. I found a room there, and it has been really lovely. The owners could not have been more welcoming. Your reply was far more helpful than the other reply I recieved, so thank you!

Callaway, Minnesota
Level Contributor
115 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Somewhere quirky and inexpensive to stay on Boipeba please!

Glad it worked out for you RF and you enjoyed your stay at the Pousada CP in Boipeba. I very much appreciate your positive feedback.

Now I have to find another place to stay while in London as my old favorite just a block from Gloucester Road tube in SW7 is no longer available. London is very expensive for us, but I love the City.

The snow and skiing here are fantastic right now and the season is in full swing.

Jim at Maplelag in Minnesota

www.maplelag.com

5. Re: Somewhere quirky and inexpensive to stay on Boipeba please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2011, 05:18