We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To and from Morro flight??

Which Salvador hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
185 reviews
Save Topic
To and from Morro flight??

Hello,

I have read a while back about transportation to and from Morro. I know one option was the catamaran (on which lots of people get sick) and the other is a flight directly to Salvador Airport.

How can I make a resevrvation through Addey Taxi but they never answered and the link doesn't seem to work

I am especially worried about my return from Morro. I have a domestic flight on Saturday January 7th at 10:50 from Salvador Airport and not sure how I can make it

Any advice/help is much appreciated!

Vatican City, Italy
Level Contributor
760 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: To and from Morro flight??

Tight timelines and Bahia can make for an interesting experience. ;-)

Why don't you just call them?

(75) 3652 1551

Sayulita, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To and from Morro flight??

Tight timelines is something that dont blend with the soteropolitano.Every thing is quite slow compared to New York.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
172 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To and from Morro flight??

I hope you are able to book your flight, Spartac -- the Addey website wasn't working for me either when I tried to contact them (kept failing to load) and so I tried contacting a travel agency listed on a website for Morro. The agency did get back to me a few days later, inquiring about my travel dates --- they didn't get back to me after that and I later found out that it was because the flight we wanted was already sold out (only 6 passengers per plane, as you already know). So i'm glad you're looking into reservations now and I hope you get the flight you want --- the catamaran was sold out by the time we wanted to book and so we ended up using a longer speedboat/van/ferry boat/taxi option to the airport (time that i would rather having spent in Morro!)

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: To and from Morro flight??

Thanks guys. Not sitting very comfortably here as my flight is booked. Will try to call but my Portuguese is almost as good as my Chinese (Sarcasm...). Hopefully they pick up and we can understand each other...

I sent them emails as well and no reply. Will also try to ask the hotel to help if phone call fails.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: To and from Morro flight??

ok guys. some advise is needed for this starting-to-freak-out traveler

I have manages to get in touch with the hotel and was informed that the EARLIEST flight I could get (providing it is available) would be at 9:15. I think the flight is a 30 min flight so if everything goes well (when does that ever happen?) I will land in Salvador at 9:45. I assume this is the same (unique?) Airport from which my GOL flight to Porto Seguro takes off at 10:50

What's the experience with Addey in general? should I expect them to be on time?

And even if that is the case do I have enough time to take my luggage, run for registration or will it be too late?

Thanks for any advice. I already missed a connection once from Cairo to Jerusalem and it was an experience from Hell that I am not looking to renew...

Sayulita, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: To and from Morro flight??

Well Spartac,they part from dois de julho airport.The same airport as Gol and Tam.But the question is?will you make it?One hour to check in?

It´s tight and if you are lucky, the Gol connection is late.You must check in a hour before your flight.Dont know how they will act if you come 30-40 min before.

ZeZE

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: To and from Morro flight??

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I need to face the music: more chances than not that I will miss my 10:50. even if Addey is on time there is no guarantee I have enought time.

At this point I do have 2 options:

- Keep my morro reservation minus the last night (night of Jan 7th). So I would leave Morro end of PM Jan 6th and take a hotel not too far from Airport. Probably the easy/lazy option but it sort of breaks my holiday for a technical reason. which somewhat sucks.

- Skip Morro and change my flight to Porto Seguro (at no cost I believe) from January 7th to January 2nd. This would mean I need to find somewhere around Porto Seguro/Trancoso (my last destination) where I can still find something decent at a reasonable price (recommendations welcome...)

- Skip Morro and take another option north of Salvador for the beaches for up to 5 days and then take my flight on Jan 7th from Salvador to Porto Seguro as planned

Would REALLY love to hear what the experts recommend. Not sure at this point what's best to do this late in the game

Sayulita, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: To and from Morro flight??

Well Spartac, i would choose the first alternative.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: To and from Morro flight??

thanks for the advice. I will go with that. I will try to get the latest flight (16:15) from Morro and take a hotel at Salvador. Any recommendations? I am looking for a hotel with somthing to do around it at night.

Previously I will be staying 2 days/3 nights at Ibis Rio Verlemho. I was thinking of taking a hotel nearer to the airport (example: Caesar Businees Salvador) but don't think there is activity (Resto/pub) in the evening. Is that the case? And is it safe? Don't want to be confined to the hotel?

I then looked at staying at Pelourinho (Bahiacafé Hotel) but reviews mention noise well at night. So not sure that's a good option

I also saw hotels in Ondina (vila gale) but I'm not sure if the area is worthwhile.

So at this point I am looking at Mercure Rio Vermelho. I heard the neighbourhood has decent restaurants, I get the feeling it's safe, and there is a direct bus to the Airport not far from the hotel? my morning flight is only at 10:50AM so I don't think it's an issue boeing ar Rio Vermelho (unless morning traffic is really really bad)

Let me know what you would recommend as a hotel/area choice.

Thanks again

Sayulita, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: To and from Morro flight??

Rio Vermelho is perfect and you will not be bored!!=)Have a good one!!