We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving in Salvador the day after carnival

London
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Arriving in Salvador the day after carnival

Hello,

I am planning on visiting Salvador the day after carnival (Fri 7th March) with my 3 girlfriends (26/27ish year olds) as we can't afford carnival & the dates do not work for us. We will stay 5 days before flying to Rio...

My question is: will Salvador still be busy, lively during this time? Will the Oludum drums still play on Tuesdays/will there still be drumming/street parties etc in the streets? We would hate to arrive when perhaps everyone has decided to go on holiday elsewhere after carnival!

Also, we were thinking of staying in Open House Barra, this ranks highly in Tripadvisor and it is within our budget (we are after private rooms with private bathrooms but still on a lowish budget). Would this be a good area/place? We want to do a lot of the sights/culture etc, enjoy the nightlife, beach also!

Oh also, is it hot at this time?!

Your help is much appreciated!!

Sayulita, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,638 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving in Salvador the day after carnival

Well in Salvador there is always a reason to party and it surely doesnt stop when Carneval does.So you will find streetparties at night and off course the famous tuesday party in Pelourinho.

Barra is a great location and you will be in the center for many day excursions and near the beach.

Have a nice one!!

ZeZe

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving in Salvador the day after carnival

Don't rely too much on what you see listed as "official" dates. Carnaval lasts a full week. It is not one day like Mardi Gras. You are arriving within what is still a big week for tourism. While, I believe, the last big parade in Rio (parade of champions) is that Friday night, I don't know what the schedule in Salvador is. There will certainly still be lots of people, including many tourists, in town, at least until Sunday. Make sure you have your hotels booked early. You'll find lots of activities going on. And you shouldn't need special Carnaval parades, etc. to entertain you.

Edited: 09 September 2013, 17:43
London
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving in Salvador the day after carnival

Thank you Braziliansweden & Sutter so much for your responses!!!

My worries are over now, and I'm glad to hear there is still the Tuesday night street party in Pelourinho and there will still be plenty of activities and parties!

Thanks so much :)

4. Re: Arriving in Salvador the day after carnival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2014, 06:21