We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safest place for solo female

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Safest place for solo female

Hi

I just wondered which is the safest place to stay in Salvador as a solo female but also near to the main attractions in Salvador?

THanks

kelly

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Safest place for solo female

Everything that you want to see within Salvador itself is within the historic centre (or Pelourinho in Portuguese). All your best options for accommodations will be within the Pelourinho

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
21,646 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safest place for solo female

Trip Advisor reviews of Pelourinho:

http://bit.ly/18ZNjL8

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safest place for solo female

Hi

Thanks for your feed back, someone at work just stayed in Santa Antanio but there a bunch of men so will not get my safety question , but would you recommend this area and also puerto da barra?

Thanks

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
5,340 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Safest place for solo female

Barra would be my first choice.

take a look at comments on this thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g303272-i3796-k704…

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Safest place for solo female

Im staying in Rio Vermelho! I've done quite a bit of reading up on it all, and this area has apparently some of the best and safest night life. Don't stay in Pelourinho - that's the one piece of advice that has been reiterated to me. Especially if you are alone there. But, WC might be a different story, id assume there'd be so much more security etc... Good luck with it all :)

6. Re: Safest place for solo female

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 January 2014, 19:05
ireland
Level Contributor
614 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Safest place for solo female

I would be hoping that the police presence would be multiplied in the main tourist areas like in South Africa 4 years ago. If not I will be disapointed. I picked the Barra beach area myself, hopefully it should be ok.

8. Re: Safest place for solo female

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2015, 07:20