We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending 4 nights in Salvador/Bahia - part of our honeymoon

Scottsdale...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Spending 4 nights in Salvador/Bahia - part of our honeymoon

Hello, my fiance and I are looking to travel to Brazil this December from 12/ 25- 1/2. We were thinking of splitting up our trip with beautiful, relaxing beaches as well as the culture and old world feel that Salvador has. We wanted to fly to Rio in time for New Years for a few days. My question is what are some good ways to structure our time in Salvador and nearby areas? This is our honeymoon, so I wanted it to be somewhat luxurious but not break the bank. Are there any cool, romantic/luxurious boutique hotels/resorts in the area that would serve as a good central location to explore the nearby area? Or is it better to stay 2nights in Salvador and then explore the coast of Bahia and find some cute pousadas along the way? Any suggestions would be welcome! Thank you!

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
1,865 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spending 4 nights in Salvador/Bahia - part of our honeymoon

There are some resort hotels located around Salvador (not salvador itself) that may fit what you want. Most of those are like 1 hour from Salvador.

You can check their price in the time you wanna go.

Some options:

Sauípe – Premium

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g303267-d193483…

Iberostar Praia do Forte

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g660717-d611532…

Grand Palladium Imbassaí Resort & Spa

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g660718-d178649…

Club Med Itaparica

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g659906-d668303…

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
66 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spending 4 nights in Salvador/Bahia - part of our honeymoon

Stay at Bahia Café Hotel or Vila Bahia in Pelourinho. One night with one full day is just fine to visit the historical centre and Barra Lighthouse, sunset in Porto and dinner in Red River (Rio Vermelho).

Get yourselves to Praia do Forte and splash out on the Porto da Lua Pousada, seafront and simple, for two or three nights!

Congratulations!

3. Re: Spending 4 nights in Salvador/Bahia - part of our honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2015, 05:16