We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Festa do Bonfim (Feast of Bonfim)

Which Salvador hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,588 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Festa do Bonfim (Feast of Bonfim)

So I have another thread going about what to do for 3 days in Salvador. (tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g303272-i3796-k768…) I'm actually planning to go in January (Yes, I plan ahead.), and I think I've figured out my itinerary for this South American trip of mine, with the three days set for Salvador. Doing more research on Salvador yesterday, I found out that on the dates I plan to be in Salvador, there'll be this Festa do Bonfim going on. I've never heard of this event/day/holiday/festival. What can you tell me about it? And now I'm wondering if I should go to Salvador while this event is going on, or should I rearrange my schedule to avoid it. Is it something cool to check out? Is it something that'll be overly crowded? (I'm not the biggest fan of festivals and stuff, but if I'm on a vacation, I might as well check it out.) Will it be safe to check out? Will hotels be booked or be more expensive around this time? (If so, then I may want to rearrange my schedule.) And I reference my other thread above because I'm still debating what I want to do for one of the three days I'll be in Salvador, and I'm wondering if this event would be something that could take up one whole day. Please let me know anything you know about this event. Thanks.

Edited: 08 August 2014, 05:01
Sayulita, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,638 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Festa do Bonfim (Feast of Bonfim)

A festa de bonfim is just an excuse to drink/buy Cheap Beer along the parade street.They parade all in white and walk along with several sambabands playing.Its a parade that last one day and takes around 6 hours to walk due to all the stops.The worst is none of the stands sell water, only beer and cheap food.

You dont have to worry.Prices does not go up,You can see it from a safe distance(which aint much to see)You can avoid it easily by just being in Barra up to Stella Maris.-

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,588 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Festa do Bonfim (Feast of Bonfim)

Thanks for your response, Braziliansweden. I guess this parade is overrated. From the websites I read, it sounded like it was a big fun event to check out.

Sayulita, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,638 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Festa do Bonfim (Feast of Bonfim)

Do check it and just walk out when you had enough.I did after 2hrs😇

4. Re: Festa do Bonfim (Feast of Bonfim)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2015, 06:17