We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

european websites for flights to fortaleza?????

Which Fortaleza hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Berkshire
Level Contributor
603 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
european websites for flights to fortaleza?????

hi

i have tried a number of websites based in the uk , but i understand that there some european mainland based sites that are better or certainly as good.

anyone actually know the web addresses??

cheers

Lisboa
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: european websites for flights to fortaleza?????

Hi there!

TAP is the only European airline flying daily to Fortaleza so i would recomend you would try their website as they have plenty of connections from London (at least 6 or 7 a day to Lisbon and then to Fortaleza).

As for charters from the UK i have no idea.

TAP's website is flytap.com (you can select the UK as country of Origin to make it easier.

You can also try terminala.pt

Have a great time in Fortaleza. I'm going this October :-)

Cheers. Tiago

Zurich, Switzerland
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: european websites for flights to fortaleza?????

Hi,

There is a weekly (wed) charter flight directly from Zurich, Switzerland to Fortaleza. It is operated by the largest travel agency of the country, which is Kuoni. The airline is Edelweiss flying with a A330-243. Can be booked directly on Edelweiss Air website or through Nettoreisen (subsidary of Kuoni) as a package with hotel.

Enjoy your travel and your stay. It is a nice city with lots of good beaches around it. I have lived there 5 years.

regards,

Thomas

London
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: european websites for flights to fortaleza?????

The best site for your trip is Brazilinfo.co.uk as it has the new direct flights from Stansted and all the best hotels around Fortaleza

UK
Level Contributor
293 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: european websites for flights to fortaleza?????

I guess a lot of direct flights to Fortaleza are no longer available. The Edelweiss Air does not seem to fly from Zurich there any more - can not see the destination from their website. And it doesn't seem to be any flights from London's Stanstead to Cape Verde to Fortazela either.

I am after best flight from London to Fortazela

in September.

Condor flies form Frankfurt via Salvador to Fortazela (two stops for me). Air Italy flies from Rome direct but until June (can't see anything after that, may become available later!).

Air Livingston flies direct from Milan to Fortaleza in September for around €770. But I guess from London I'll be better off with TAP or TAM around £770 (now that £ is worth less than € .... !?)

If anyone has more info please feel free to add....

England
Level Contributor
563 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: european websites for flights to fortaleza?????

Austin ,

Just a word of caution we are still in a global recession and some of the less wel known smaller air opperators may not go the distance , it is not coincedence that you cannot find many direct flights to fortaleza, Lack of demand !

If an Airline goes bust its hard to get your money back!

Get to Brazil then get to fortaleza, there are a few budget airlines setting up in Brasil, maybe try one of them to get you the rest of the way once in Brasil. Yea and the £ being so weak doesn't help ! BA direct Rio £650 thats a good price and no stop overs.Hope it all works out , Have a great trip !

Richard

6. Re: european websites for flights to fortaleza?????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 05:31