We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

World cup 2014

Which Fortaleza hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
World cup 2014

hello all

so I'm starting my world cup research and we've decided to spend a week in Fortaleza to catch some group stage games, what area should we be looking at staying in? Are we better off staying closer to the nicer beaches and trying to get public transport to the games - or are we better off staying close to the stadium and getting transport out to the beaches/ other touristy areas. We'll only have a week in this town and just trying to maximise what we can see.

Thanks!

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
41. Re: World cup 2014

wonderland2014

beach park is not a bad area to stay, but a little bit out of the way if you don't have a car. The area is starting to be built up and there are a few bars and restaurants there.

As for Paracaru, I like this town but not much to do and certainly out of the way.

As I am replying a little late, have you found a place yet?

Steve

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
13 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: World cup 2014

Anybody interested in meeting up for a few beers during the world cup in Fortaleza? I'll be there for the entirety of the group games

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
378 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: World cup 2014

Staying anywhere near the Castealo Stadium-- assuming you could find something-- would be very, very unwise. It is NOT a safe area. Neither is the area around the airport. There are many unsafe areas, checkered amongst safer areas. Can vary by street and part of that street. Avenida Beira Mar goes through both Meireles (where the biggest, most expensive hotels are) and Praia de Iracema (where we are; mostly okay, but there are some dodgy area nearby). I always laugh when I see a hotel or hostel or pousada with the word "praia" (beach) in it, when it's nowhere near the beach. I saw a Pousada Centro Iracema yesterday, but it's really not near Iracema; closer to the centro (not a good area at night).

Edited: 11 May 2014, 14:15
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: World cup 2014

your're right, the prices are ridiculous

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
45. Re: World cup 2014

rag2gar

where you staying in Fortaleza?

Steve

Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: World cup 2014

Matadori - my bro and I got Carmel magna Praia hotel for 15 nights for £1980 so 132 a night - 66 pp/pn. Try there it's on beach too so should be alright and I've not heard bad things about the area at all. It will be free for 2 nights of that duration too as heading into Belo herizonte for last England group game 23-25June. Anyone know if I hotels would mind other guest staying for couple of nights whilst I'm not using it?

Rockaway, New Jersey
4 posts
Save Reply
47. Re: World cup 2014

7 tickets for sale: Uruguay vs Costa Rica - Fortaleza, Brazil on June 14th at 4PM. I live in New Jersey (United States), but will be traveling to Fortaleza for 1 week. I am looking for face value ($130/ticket). I will also be at the game---my inlaws are Brazilian, so will be traveling with locals.

Best,

Jay

Rockaway, New Jersey
4 posts
Save Reply
48. Re: World cup 2014

I have 7 tickets available for Uruguay vs Costa Rica. I am looking to receive what I paid for them ($130/ticket). Interested?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
208 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: World cup 2014

Were you saying you wanted to buy tickets I have 2 cat 1's for sale pm me

50. Re: World cup 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2014, 13:50