We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from Rio to Fortaleza

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Flights from Rio to Fortaleza

I'm trying to book flights from Rio during the World Cup for a week in Fortaleza 22-29 June, but they are all very expensive, about £500 return with Gol and dearer with TAM

Not sure if I should just book them or hang on in the hope that more flights will be put on and the price will drop.

Would like to here thoughts on the price you would expect for a return flight from Rio.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
4,641 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights from Rio to Fortaleza

1. look at all 4 major Brazilian airlines: Tam, Gol, Azul and Avianca Brasil... and flights originating in both Rio airports (GIG and SDU)

2. be flexible with dates.. and also look at flights wth connections

3. it has been announced that in Jan/2014 airlines will move around their schedules to better reflect expected WC demand (they will only do that once they know what matches are more likely to bring extra demand)... that may result in some additional flights in the route you want, but it is not guaranteed.

4. prices? tough to tell... but if you want to have an idea of what peak period prices are like in Brazil... look what the fares are for Friday, Dec. 27 and returning the follwoing Sunday (when loads will travel for New Years Eve) .... or for Friday, Feb.28, 2014 (just before Carnaval) and returning Wed, Mar.5 ... prices for World Cup period could be similar

Edited: 25 November 2013, 22:27
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
2,421 posts
1,207 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights from Rio to Fortaleza

It will be very expensive during WC. And this is a 3 hours flight.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights from Rio to Fortaleza

I can see reasons to wait (mainly not wanting to lock in your ticket yet), but waiting for a price drop during the WC-- when hotels, etc. are raising prices up to 5 times-- seems futile. Above advice, on checking all airlines (sometimes one is cheaper, sometimes another) and being flexible with dates, is about the best I could give (in addition to booking hotels early). What are you going to do in Fortaleza for a week other than see one of the games?

I once got a good price on a TAM flight through Expedia, but since then haven't seen any advantage price-wise. Do check in advance on carry-on and checked baggage allowances for domestic flights. They're very low.

Edited: 26 November 2013, 13:15
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights from Rio to Fortaleza

Had hoped to get flights booked before draw, but still very expensive, hopefully more flights will be put on and the prices will drop a bit.

Spending a week at Beach Park Suite in Aquiraz, which I believe is just outside Fortaleza, would be interested to here anything about the resort or surrounding area.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
4,641 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights from Rio to Fortaleza

duddy,

did you see the reviews here in TA?

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g303285-d506998…

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g303285-Activiti…

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights from Rio to Fortaleza

Glad I waited, got return flights with Gol for about £200, direct flight going and 1 stop coming back.

Jericoacoara
Level Contributor
54 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights from Rio to Fortaleza

You will LOVE Beach Park! The water park is a lot of fun - the Insano is, currently, the tallest water slide in the world, I believe! There's a taller one being built, I understand.

The area around Beach Park is very expensive… much more so than other areas. Seems like you are already booked there, yes? Two or three days would be great, but then travel around the area, if you can - I prefer the points north from Fortaleza… Cumbuco, Taiba, Lagoinha… all the way up to Jericoacoara, which is about 4 hours away. Or you can go the other way to Canoa Quebrada or Uruau… It's a beautiful part of Brazil!!

8. Re: Flights from Rio to Fortaleza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2015, 05:17