We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation options from Fortaleza to Canoa Quebrada

Which Fortaleza hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation options from Fortaleza to Canoa Quebrada

I am wondering if anyone knows what transportation options there are for getting from the airport in Fortaleza to Canoa Quebrada and what the costs are.

I am trying to plan a trip there for a few days in June and I just want to have an idea of what prices would be for transportation and where I can book them. As of right now it looks like we will be arriving in Fortaleza in the morning and would like to head straight for Canoa Quebrada. Is this something I can arrange through the hotel/pousada, or should I look elsewhere?

Thanks!

Jericoacoara
Level Contributor
54 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation options from Fortaleza to Canoa Quebrada

Your best bet is to have your pousada arrange your transfer for you - very easy!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation options from Fortaleza to Canoa Quebrada

The hotel quoted me a price of $230R each way, seems kind of expensive...

Brasilia, DF
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation options from Fortaleza to Canoa Quebrada

Is there a coach bus ( it is usually the cheaper and safe way) who can take from Fortaleza Rodoviária (bus station) to Canoa Quebrada?

4. Re: Transportation options from Fortaleza to Canoa Quebrada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2014, 14:15
Jericoacoara
Level Contributor
54 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation options from Fortaleza to Canoa Quebrada

Actually, that sounds about right, from FOR to Canoa Quebrada. There are public options that will be far less expensive.

Brasilia, DF
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation options from Fortaleza to Canoa Quebrada

Do Public options mean a simple city bus that go to Canoa Quebrada, one that you take in a bus stop? Or does it mean the intercity bus you take in the bus station (rodoviária)?

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
378 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation options from Fortaleza to Canoa Quebrada

Price sounds high to me. A friend bought one-way passage to Jericoacoara in van through a hotel and I'm pretty sure it was much less than this (and it's further away). That assumes the price is just for transportation. Where are you staying? Along the beach areas such as Meireles and Praia de Iracema, you'll see people hawking day and overnight trips. You can also ask at hotels you're not staying at (friend who stayed with us booked her transportation at a hotel across the street).

I can't imagine any Fortaleza city bus going all the way to CQ. It's a ways. Some of the vans, costing more than a bus, will stop in the city.

Edited: 23 April 2014, 12:40
Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
378 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation options from Fortaleza to Canoa Quebrada

p.s. R$230 sounds like a private vehicle, not a shared van/tour.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportation options from Fortaleza to Canoa Quebrada

Yes that would be for a private vehicle

10. Re: Transportation options from Fortaleza to Canoa Quebrada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2014, 14:15