We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Posusada recomendations

Qld
Level Contributor
252 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Posusada recomendations

We are planning a trip to Jeri next Sept or Oct for 3 - 4 weeks. The boys will be doing some serious windsurfing, which is the intention of the trip. However I am hoping to stay somewhere with good airconditioning, a good size room with table and chairs. Nice views from the room. Not in the middle of everything, although I believe Jeri to be small. I am hoping you may reply to this topic Ingrid being a local and all. I have been reading up on the pousadas available but have come to no real conclusions. Am not looking at absolute five star by any means. But for 4 weeks I want to be able to sleep comfortably. Although for some of our party it will be a return trip, would like to have a female point of view. Can't always trust the boys point of view. We are all over 45yrs. Look forward to hearing any recomendations.

Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Posusada recomendations

Hi there

My recommendation would be Vila Kalanga which I found through the very useful www.hiddenpousadasbrazil.com site. It is one of the most beautiful pousadas I have ever stayed at- and right on the beach, next to the famous dunes.

If you prefer to be somewhere slightly quieter and also right on the beach try their sister pousada a few mles away-the Rancho do Peixe, on Praia do Prea . They have their own kite-surfing school and free transfers into Jeri and back for those who want nightlife some of the time but not all of the time. Bungalows are huge here with excellent working space if you want to write, and food is great.

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Posusada recomendations

Rio--Are you Allison herself trying to publicize her site, or someone whose every post so far just happens to be touting for her?

Note to OP: Ingridjeri, a resident, is the forums most knowledgable poster about Jeri--and one who gives info without pushing her own agenda.

jericoacoara
Level Contributor
64 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Posusada recomendations

I can suggest some pousadas but do not want to risk doing propaganda. Please send me an email - jeriathome@gmail.com.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
41 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Posusada recomendations

Bouchee...I just came for Jeri today.The first thing you need to know is that Jeri is really small, so it´s hard beeing in the middle of nowhere.

The second thing, maybe the most important one is that after these long weekend (ending tomorrow) Jeri is in its low season...so the prices fall substancially.

You can get a great deal if you are planning a 3 or 4 week stay and the pousadas certainly will fight to have you as guests.

Top ones: Mosquito Blue (around 250) - Vila Kalanga look from outside like overpriced (more than 300 reais with lunch and breakfast included)- Casa de Areia, with beautiful balconies facing the ocean with only 4 rooms running by an italian owner (dont know the price, looks expensive from the outside).

Pousadas are over 500, from the basics around 40/50 till the tops (certainly more that the 3 mentioned).

Don´t hesitate to go there without a pousada in the low season, sounds uncertain, but you will get the best price bargain there.

cheers!

Antarctica
Level Contributor
470 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Posusada recomendations

My vote would go to Vilabelavista. My wife and I stayed there recently for 6 nights in one of their wonderful new luxury rooms. The room itself was large with an equally large bathroom and a great view of the dunes from the balcony. The place is lush with a small pool. It is located further from Jeri's "center" but still within easy walking distance. It is actually quite close to the sunset dune. Lastly, the owners are very friendly and knowledgeable.

Sayulita, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,640 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Posusada recomendations

My Vote would go to Vila Bela Vista which have nice rooms and some rooms is in front of The Dune of Sunshine.

The downside is.. that it´s a fifteen minute walk in to town in sand and by night the road is completely dark.Since there arent no lamp posts in jeri outside of town where the hotel is.

Once we were there.. we saw a nice Hotel called Pousada Papaya..which is more near town that looked just as nice.

So i was now looking at their prices and they are more cheapier than Hotel Bela Vista and only a 2 minute walk in to the town center.And in front of the same dune.

Read the reviews here on trip:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g303297-d106348…

7. Re: Posusada recomendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Jericoacoara