We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 nights on Ilha do Mel? Too long?

Boulder Creek...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
3 nights on Ilha do Mel? Too long?

We are traveling in early September. We have an "extra" day and are trying to decide where to spend it! Right now we are in Rio for 3 nights, Paraty for 2 night, Curitiba for 1 night, Morretes for 2 nights, and then on to to Ilha do Mel for 3 nights. Is 3 nights (2.5 days) too long on Ilha do Mel? Should we spend it in Paraty or Morretes instead? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Curitiba
Level Contributor
12 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 nights on Ilha do Mel? Too long?

Hello!

Are you going straight to the island or are you taking the train tour to MOrretes and then to the island? If so, you will arrive on Ilha do Mel on the late afternoon.

3 days are not too long if you like peace, hiking and relaxing days. Ilha do Mel is quite relaxing and quiet if not in the Summer months.

I love it... and I hope you do it so...

Take a look at www.ilhadomel-travel.com.br

There is plenty of information about where to stay, etc. Also some options for Morretes if you plan to stay there.

Take care and have fun!!!!

Brazil
Destination Expert
for Curitiba, New York City
Level Contributor
951 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 nights on Ilha do Mel? Too long?

All depend on your interests, but I will go straight to the point. I do think one night in Curitiba is not enough, there's lot to do and see here. Give a look at Curitiba official website and make your own mind: http://www.viaje.curitiba.pr.gov.br/ (go to 'pontos turísticos'). On the other hand, I think one night in Morretes is enough. For Ilha do Mel, well, it is little more complcated, maybe you want to stay there forever...3 nights will be OK.

3. Re: 3 nights on Ilha do Mel? Too long?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2011, 07:18