We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying from Foz do Iguacu to Curitiba

Stockholm...
2 posts
Save Topic
Flying from Foz do Iguacu to Curitiba

Hi everyone.

I am looking at flights with GOL to fly from Foz do Iguacu to Curituba. Direct flights are quite expensive. Then I found out its cheaper (half of the price!) to fly from Foz to Sao Paulo (GRU) , with a stop in Curitiba.

Is it possible to get my bag at Curituba when I transfer there? Or does GOL not approve to that? Hope someone has experience with this

Matthijs

Curitiba, PR
Level Contributor
109 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying from Foz do Iguacu to Curitiba

Hi Matthijs,

I am not sure but I think its not possible to get your bag during the stop because you bought a ticket to GRU, not to CWB.

The price IGU to CWB are normally above avarege prices, because there are not to many options. Try to look at Azul Linhas Aéreas (www.voeazul.com.br) or TAM (www.tam.com.br), maybe they have a better price for your flight. I have just booked a IGU-CWB ticket to March 13th and Azul was the cheapest (R$115,00).

Stockholm...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying from Foz do Iguacu to Curitiba

Thanks for your help!

I found a cheap flight at TAM. Problem is that I need a Brazilian CPF code, so I had to go to the international website. Then the flight prize increased with 50% (!!)

I take some time to think about it....

Brazil
Destination Expert
for Curitiba, New York City
Level Contributor
965 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying from Foz do Iguacu to Curitiba

Matthijs_VS,

I phoned TAM and it's true if you buy from the international website the price will be much higher. Perhaps after arriving in Brazil you could buy the tickets in FOZ, at the airport or a TAM office and this way get lower prices. You have to check it up.

Good luck

boston, ma
Level Contributor
243 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying from Foz do Iguacu to Curitiba

I found a direct flight from Foz to Curitiba for $60. Am I missing something?

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
4,828 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying from Foz do Iguacu to Curitiba

if you found it on the airline website, you are not missing anything (just check if all taxes are included, but domestic airport taxes are like US$10).

airfares vary a lot.. grab the cheap fare while it is still there.

6. Re: Flying from Foz do Iguacu to Curitiba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2014, 06:19