We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iguazu Falls: Arriving IGU, departing from IGR

Which Foz do Iguacu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,345 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Iguazu Falls: Arriving IGU, departing from IGR

Hello Argentinian/Brazilian experts,

I am seeking your opinion on a possible trip to Iguazu Falls. I will be traveling alone.

Nov 23: Arrive IGU 2:40 pm

Nov 24: Spend day in Iguazu Falls

Nov 25: Depart IGR (not sure AM or PM yet)

My questions to you:

1) Because I am flying in and out of different airports, in terms of time efficiency, should I stay at the Brazillian part of falls? or Argentinian side? or 1 night in each country? Do I still have time to spend at the Brazillian park after I arrive on the first day?

2) I would like to visit and check out the Falls from both countries. Is it possible to do both parks in one day? Maybe not. In that case, should I do Argentinian side on Nov 24 (since I have a full-day), and Brazillian side on Nov 25 (only half-day)? However, the problem here is I am leaving from the IGR airport on Nov 25.

3) How long does it take to go from IGU to IGR? or the Brazillian Falls side to Argentinian Falls? when I look at googlemap, it says to get from one airport to another, you need to pass-through Paragruay and it takes 48 min. Is that true??

4) Can someone suggest the most time and economical method for me to spend my time at the Falls (transportation, which 'side' of the Falls to stay, etc) based on the above schedule?

Many thanks ahead!!

1. Re: Iguazu Falls: Arriving IGU, departing from IGR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2013, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Foz do Iguacu