We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel at Iguazu Falls - Opinions?

London
Level Contributor
165 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel at Iguazu Falls - Opinions?

I am going to Brazil with my wife next July and will be staying in Iguazu Falls for 2 nights. I just wanted to see if anyone could recommend a hotel, or give their opinion on the following which I have shortlisted. Ideally, I would like a hotel that has a great view of the falls, but I'm not sure if that's possible?

Also, I would like it near the falls itself and the local attractions.

So far, I have narrowed it down to:

- Hotel das Cataratas

- Loi Suites Iguazú Hotel

- Golden Tulip Internacional Foz

London
Level Contributor
165 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel at Iguazu Falls - Opinions?

Anyone??

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
370 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel at Iguazu Falls - Opinions?

we stayed at Rouver Hotel in Foz do Iguacu and caught local bus to the falls. Great place, cheap, close to bars and eateries in town. We caught a taxi to a Churrascaria (steak house) called Buffalo Branco, which was great. We hopped on a local bus to get straight to the falls. While at the falls we walked through The Hotel das Cataratas and had a drink there. It was opulent and lovely -and right opposite the falls. But way too expensive for us to stay there. If you can afford it, I would say, yes, stay there. I have not seen the other two places.

Craig

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
594 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel at Iguazu Falls - Opinions?

Make sure you know that Loi Suites Iguazu is on the argentinian side and the other two on the Brazilian side since you did not mention on which side you plan to stay....

The best hotel in Foz do Iguacu is Hotel das Cataratas but it is very expensive.

London
Level Contributor
165 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel at Iguazu Falls - Opinions?

Hi Miriam, thank you for that - I didn't know that! I looked on Expedia and looked for hotels on the Brazilian side and that hotel was one of the options - thank you for the heads up!

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
594 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel at Iguazu Falls - Opinions?

The Brazilian name for the city is Foz do Iguaçu on the Brazilian side. The argentinian is Iguazu on the argentinian side. Actually two different cities on different sides....

Foz do Iguaçu is much bigger than Iguazu.

M W
Foz do Iguacu, PR
Destination Expert
for Foz do Iguacu
Level Contributor
4,764 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel at Iguazu Falls - Opinions?

Barney,

First of all great choices of hotels. Hotel das Cataratas on the BR side will be the only hotel within the National Park having a view of falls. The Sheraton on the AR side is the only hotel in the Park on the AR side.

The Lois Suites in AR lies within an area carved in the jungle and quite nice and very modern. Small paths (and you must stay on them) traverse into the forest. The hotel itself has one fine dining and dining by the pools and another dining area outside. Each suite has a balcony and you are among the wild life. You will hear the jaguars at night.

The Golden Tulip is located in downtown Foz do Iguaçu and has the best dining area on the top with a 360 view of the city. It is one of the best in downtown.

As mentioned do not get confused as to Foz Do Iguaçu and Puerto Iguazu. Foz in is Brazil and Puerto is in Argentina.

All this being said, if you want to hear the falls the hotels in the parks are the only choices. Since neither are "high rise" it will be difficult to see the falls from rooms.

Enjoy my city, boa viagem

London
Level Contributor
165 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel at Iguazu Falls - Opinions?

Thank you for your replies :)

So if I go for Hotel das Cataratas, can anyone tell me how far that hotel is from the falls and how far it is from IGU Airport?

8. Re: Hotel at Iguazu Falls - Opinions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2014, 06:20