We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Jesuit Missions in Paraguay feasible?

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Jesuit Missions in Paraguay feasible?

Hi Ta,

I was wondering if a day trip to Jesuit Missions of La Santísima Trinidad de Paraná or Jesús de Tavarangue would be possible from Foz Do Iguacu, I am American so I know all about the Visa sitation, my time is very flexible during July 2014. I was wondering though the basics on this excursion, buses, price, stay overnight or return to Foz same day, etc. Although I've read a lot of bad reviews on Cuidad Del Este and around the area, it would be a sin for me to be that close to Paraguay and not honor a trip in, ideally for the ruins, but otherwise Cuidad Del Este.

Spanish Speaking, well traveled.

M W
Foz do Iguacu, PR
Destination Expert
for Foz do Iguacu
Level Contributor
5,003 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Jesuit Missions in Paraguay feasible?

The trip is very well worth it. I will not try to advise you on the transportation, but I believe there is a trip advisor site pertaining to the PY trip. Do not believe all the things you here but do be careful and take all the normal precautions. This area (CdE) is a known drug traffic area and there is the petty thieves you find in all cities in all countries. Watch the surroundings and stay in crowds. (You leave the shopping area and all is fine, just do not travel alone.

I could not believe how preserved these site are. You will be amazed what was done for the love of God.

2. Re: Day trip to Jesuit Missions in Paraguay feasible?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2014, 05:18